“Top quality Indian food, but too expensive to go regularly”
Review of Olive Limes

Olive Limes
Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in Tring
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Tring, Herts
“Top quality Indian food, but too expensive to go regularly”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is the second time I've been to this restaurant, and this experience was just like the last one - excellent! The food is second to none and the service was great - attentive but not overpowering. The thing is with a curry though - you like to have one every week, and you want to bring the family with you. This is not that kind of place. This was a trip with my wife and it was was perfect. I won't be back for a while, because the regular curry night will still be taken at the Curry Garden in Berkhamsted, which is by far the best pound for pound Indian in this area. However, if anyone fancies just a little bit more special a curry - this is the place.

• Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
“fantastic Indian food!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Love the Olive Limes restaurant. Service and food both fantastic. Restaurant efficiently run by the manager. The menu is varied with both contemporary and traditional dishes featuring, both equally as good. The presentation is fantastic too. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion. The upstairs dining room is a wonderful space and can be hired for private parties. I have always had memorable meals here!

Visited February 2014
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“Great food but seriously overpriced water...”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Loved the food, the surroundings are something special too but please don't charge criminal prices for water... its just unreasonable and has put us off eating there again.

Visited July 2013
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant gone sour.”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I love, well loved this restaurant. I go 4-5 times a year (to the point where one the waiters asks if I want my usual) with a group of mates, the food is wonderful, literally head and shoulders above any other Indian in the area. However, things went wrong last Saturday. I booked an early evening sitting for 4. When we arrived there were 2 bottles of water on the table. Having had a few beers, water was a welcome break! Had our usual good meal and felt quite content. Then the bill. £27 for drinks. We only had 3 bottles of beer and 2 cokes....I questioned the bill and was informed by the manager that it cost £9 (yes nine) for 2 bottles of water. We pointed out that the bottles were already on the table, not something OL has ever done before so we assumed (obviously wrongly) that they were freebies. We weren't pushing for a refund, we just wanted to say that was a bit cheeky. The manager then said that bottles are always on the table and had been for 6 years. That made me see red. He then went on to say that we "were lucky that I didn't charge you for a smashed wine glass- it's an industry standard you know". My fellow diner had inadvertently knocked and smashed an empty wine glass earlier. This guys attitude was bang out of order- it's all about how you deal with complaints and this chap needs some serious training. Unfortunately, this has left a bad taste in my mouth and we won't return. Shame.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Keith D
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Excellent evening meal in elegant surroundings”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Nine of us aged 6 to 60s have all enjoyed an excellent early evening meal on Friday 6th December at Olive Limes. Very good service, excellent range of dishes available to suit all tastes. We booked ahead and dined in the elegant , immaculate large upstairs room. Restaurant Somewhere we will return to when we come to Tring again in 2014.

• Visited December 2013