“Good food; not so great service”
Review of Olive Limes

Olive Limes
Ranked #9 of 47 Restaurants in Tring
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Description: Restaurant Olive Limes, Indian Dinning Rooms is a beautiful restaurant over two floors, a contemporary classic Morden room and the grand colonial suite 1st floor. Grandeur and opulence, style of colonial British India. Whether it’s a speedy dinner or relaxed meal, the choice is yours. This East meets West concept under one roof, our menu offers mouth-watering selections in innovative and contemporary presentations. Blending the freshest ground spices and herbs to create delectable and delicate flavours dishes and light textures easy on the taste buds. Relax in our stylish spacious and full of ambience dining rooms and enjoy some of the best Indian food served outside Greater London! “We believe that hospitality is an art form, that we extend to you” And hope to alter your perception of Indian dining! “Eating out is more than just food; we feel it’s more about atmosphere and ambience perhaps. The evening starts as you enter our establishment and ends as you leave satisfied” Events Olive Limes is a contemporary and grand versatile dinning space. We have hosted many local and profile events including; Themed events and cabaret, local fashion shows, charity events and corporate gatherings as well as product launch, ideal for presentation conferences, or a part of a team building excise venue etc… We can comfortably accommodate up to 150 guests at any one time. We believe that we are perfect for whatever the occasion. For weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, corporate, or simply friends and family gatherings, please mail or call the restaurant to organise quotes and pre-event menus & wine tasting. - Indian Fine dining - Contemporary and grand colonial rooms - Bar & lounge facilities - Regular a la carte menu - Private & corporate dining’s - Team Training - Conference - Outdoor Catering
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Went as part of a party of 7 to celebrate a birthday. The restaurant itself is beautiful - we were seated upstairs. The food was tasty and presented well although rather on the cold side. The only thing that lets the restaurant down is its service. The staff are welcoming and well turned out - so all good there. The problem is the overall speed and accuracy of the service. We had to send back both drinks and food due to wrong items being brought to the table. There was no single waiter/waitress responsible for the table so the staff never seemed to know what stage the meal was at or who had ordered what. Saying all that, the atmosphere was relaxed, in lovely surroundings and we all had a good time. I am sure we will return!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The welcoming was great, The food a huge disappointment,small portions,luke warm food with food lacking any depth. Service was slow on drink orders.We were a party of 5,nobody was happy with the food. But to be fair we complained,and were compensated.I dont think any in the party would return.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Was not impressed the food was luke warm when it arrived at the table!! it had no taste and very small portions. Didn't enjoy the ambiance. Had to wait for drinks to arrive. We asked if this dish came with a salad and was told yes but it was only a mear garnish on arrival. Will not be returning, do not recommend!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Never judge a book by it's cover and certainly never judge a restaurant by it's exterior. To be fair, there is little wrong with the external appearance of Olive Limes, other than the fact that it really does not do justice for what waits within.

This restaurant is not your typical Indian restaurant, this is a dining experience worthy of a National reputation.

Situated on two floors, we were seated upstairs in the very large spotlessly clean dining room. The staff are very welcoming, polite and smartly attired. The menu is extensive (and very informative) and included a good number of dishes that I have never tasted before (and I have eaten in a good number of Indian restaurants).. The food is brilliantly prepared, wonderfully presented and tasted out of this world. Excellent value for money, and drinks are reasonably priced as well.

Not something I would comment on, but it's worth mentioning that the rest rooms are equally spotless (not always the case elsewhere !!!!).

The manager or owner spent time talking to us at the end of our meals, asking about our experience etc and showed a genuine interest in our particular likes / dislikes. We were then presented with a complimentary dessert that was equally out of this world. I don't know if all customers get this treatment but I strongly suspect they do.

I appreciate this review appears to be gushing, and I genuinly tried to think of something that dropped below Superb, but try as I may, I cannot think of one thing. (Downstairs doesn't look as good as upstairs, but as I didn't experience eating downstairs I cannot comment positive or negative)

Would I recommend Olive Limes - most definately, would we go back - most definately (even though it's a good 18 miles from where we live). Very highly recommended.

Finally, I would strongly recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. The reputation of Olive Limes clearly precedes it.

1  Thank S D
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have had many take aways from here and the food is always excellent. The staff are very friendly. We once arrived early to collect our food an were given complimentary drinks whilst we waited.

Have eaten here once downstairs, a bit dark and not the most comfy chairs, but I believe the upstairs is better decorated which may be better if you are going for a special occasion.

Not the cheapest but well worth paying a couple of pounds more for knowing your food will be lovely.

We always recommend Olive Limes to friends.