“The Ecstasy and the Agony”
Review of The Pussy Willow

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Takeley
The Pussy Willow
Ranked #4 of 15 Takeley B&B and Inns
Cape Town, South Africa
“The Ecstasy and the Agony”
Reviewed September 12, 2009

Stayed at the P Willow with my two sons. First visit was perfect. Brian collected us at Bishops Stortford (to avoid going through Stansted Airport) in his Merc and we were well received. The room was spacious, immaculate and had a super shower. I would give the P Willow full marks and they deserve their high rating based on this first stay. BUT.........
Three days later we returned from Berlin and Brian requested us to walk to an area outside the Stansted Airport pickup area to avoid his paying 2 pounds to enter the official pickup area. We walked an additional 50 meters and were 10 meters out of position from a white sign that he had described. We were berated in a most unpleasant manner for not having listened to his instructions properly. At 22:00 on Sunday night I had few options but would have tried to find alternative accommodation had there been alternatives. When we arrived at the P Willow, the parking area was so full that we had to carry our luggage on our heads as there was no space between the cars.
The next morning Brian was relatively unapologetic when I complained about his having berated us for trying to follow complicated instructions, and requesting us to avoid the normal designated pickup point. There is some question about whether it is legal to get picked up on the busy airport access road.
So, 100% for the 1st visit (with 4 stars) and 50% for a very unpleasant second visit. It depends on whether you get Dr Jeckyll or Mr Hyde!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank rball2016

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
West Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed September 1, 2009

This was my 2nd stay here and it's just as good as the first time. The place is immaculate, the rooms are big, light and airy and have everything you could possibly want as well as little things that I consider above & beyond - shampoo & conditioner etc. I flew from Stansted on the Friday night but didn't stay here until my return on the Monday, but even so Brian took me to the airport and let me leave my car there for the 3 nights free of charge. Whilst out of the country I broke my arm, which meant that on my return I couldn't drive back home. My partner hired a car and drove down to Stansted so that he could drive my car home and Brian willingly picked him up from the drop off point at the airport and ferried him back . Kaew was lovely and kept me supplied with drinks and chat whilst I was waiting for my parner to arrive. I didn't sample the cooked breakfast (couldn't cut it up !) but it looked lovely and the other guests enjoyed it.
I've stayed at a couple of other B & B's in Stansted and they can't hold a candle to this one !

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
cambridgeshire
Reviewed June 20, 2009

Brian and Kaew work very hard to make this home from home a complete success. Our room was immaculate (as was the rest of the house). We opted for the Thai dinner on the night of our stay which was delicious and freshly prepared. We sadly found this little gem after we had booked our airport car parking ( on a non-refundable rate). We could have saved ourselves £60 by using Brian's fantastic and free transfer service to and from the airport. You can leave your car at the house. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anonymous069
France
Reviewed December 11, 2008

The perfect start to our holiday with our overnight stay at Pussy Willow.
The pick up service to and from the airport was excellent.
Bedroom with large comfortable bed and all the extra's (hot drinks tray, bickies and bottled water).
Huge bathroom, the underfloor heating was fab.
Even though we had a very early start at 5.30am to catch our flight we were provided with continental breakfast and a smile.

• Liked — Cleanliness & comfort
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank holidayjunkie85
Malvern
Reviewed September 26, 2008

A wonderful b & b, the holiday starts here. Lovely light and airy rooms, with calm decor, superbly comfortable bed with white cotton sheets and fluffy pillows. En suite is perfect. Just everything one needs. One of the best breakfasts I have eaten for a long time. Owners very efficient and friendly. After a bad experience with another b & b in Stansted a month ago I was a little apprehensive but immediately we walked in the house I felt it was going to be a good experience.

• Liked — The bed, bedding and the breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Arlyn P
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I would recommend staying at this B&B.
We stayed at the Pussy Willow in the year of 2007 & 08, and both times we were very pleased with how clean and cozy the rooms are. This bed and breakfast is in a very beautiful home in a nice and quiet area. This year we gave the Thai meal a try, which very tasty, but thought was it a little pricey for what you got but in the UK everything is costly..Overall, it was a delicious meal that was prepared well & the morning breakfasts are great too!!

Stayed May 2008
2 Thank sylvano
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2008

The Pussy Willow offers 3 double rooms in a modern house. The rooms are large, well furnished with en suite facilities. Brian, the proprietor ensures your stay and airport transfers run smoothly. Cars are parked on site or directly opposite. You do need transport if you want to eat out in the evening or you can go for the in house option of a Thai meal cooked by Brians' wife. There are few hotel options around Stansted, this is an excellent alternative.

• Liked — Clean, spacious, friendly
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Del-&-Mags
Also consider these accommodations in or near Takeley
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Novotel London Stansted Airport
Novotel London Stansted Airport
#3 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Little Hallingbury Mill
Little Hallingbury Mill
#1 of 1 in Little Hallingbury
Little Bullocks Farm
Little Bullocks Farm
#1 of 15 in Takeley

Been to The Pussy Willow? Share your experiences!