“Nice B&B” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pussy Willow

The Pussy Willow
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Takeley
The Pussy Willow
Ranked #6 of 17 Takeley B&B and Inns
Hertfordshire
“Nice B&B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

Booked this b&b as we were attending a wedding in a near by hotel that was fully booked.
The bedroom was fantastic, though we got a double instead of the twin asked, but the bed was huge.
When we arrived the drive way was a little full with cars, but luckly i drive a mini so squeezed in...just!. On arrivel Brian asked us to take our shoes off and sit in the living room...we felt like naughty children. We were asked what time we would like breakfast and then firmly reminded that he needed us out of the room BEFORE 10am as he needed to go out... But Brian, for being like a strict headmaster, seems to have good intentions.
We were shown our room and told not to ruin the very expensive Thai silk on the bed....(who you kidding 5 bhts in Thailand Brian, we have all been).The room was was right by the "office". So while we tried to settle in we were conscious that Brian was right outside the door..even listening.
This was confirmed, when he must have over heard us trying to order a cab to take us to the other hotel......Let me tell you this is near impossible. Brian kindly offered to take us there. This was very nice of him as we knew he had other plans.
Breakfast was cooked by Brian and was great, we did have to share the table with one other lone guest.
All in all, a nice stay for the price we paid.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Colne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

This is a very comfortable quality place to stay. Our room was furnished to a high standard with a luxery en suite bathroom with tea and coffee making facilities. We enjoyed a delicious dinner on the night of our stay and a full cooked breakfast before we left for the airport. The location is ideal for Stansted airport and is only minutes from Junction 8 of the M11.
My wife and I have no hesitation in recommending this small hotel to other travellers.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

We were delighted with our one night stay, prior to flying from Stansted, as I'm sure is the case for an overwhelming number of residents. We find our rooms comfortable, the bathrooms spacious, with verything spotlessly clean. Good attention to detail and the overall quality of everything (inc. towels and toilet paper!) was very good, including Kwae, in the kitchen, whether cooking a Thai meal or an English breakfast!

I have read the other reviews before writing this one and, in a way, I can see where some peole are coming from: Brian has a military approach to things which, for many demob happy people about to fly off the the sun, may need to be somewhat tempered!

As far as I'm concerned, whenever I fly off from Stansted, this will be my overnight stop.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
dencot
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

Stayed as a guest of this delightful B and B for one night and parked my car for a further five nights.
The house was spotless and the owners were the perfect hosts. The evening meal was fine and all the transfers to and from the airport worked like clockwork. we will definitely be using this wonderful venue again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Suffolk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

I've stayed at this place before and have to say I found it clean with a very comfortable bed and the transfers are an absolute bonus. I booked again in September to stay in December and paid in full with my debit card. Just before I was ready to leave for my journey to Stansted I telephoned the owner Brian to let him know what time I would be arriving at the train station. That's when he realised he had made a mistake and that I was not booked in and he was full!
I was offered an emergency room with a reduction but no en-suite which wasn't acceptable. Brian telephoned me back and had found elsewhere but again with no en-suite; unacceptable! I in the meantime I had found somewhere on the internet that was close by but more expensive and asked if he could book that for me. This he did so but the cheek of it, asked me to pay the difference in price! In fairness he did do the airport transfers for me but if you are near pensionable age with any medical problems don't expect Brian to lift or carry your suitcase for you....he doesn't lift cases or bags! More organisation and a customer care course for Brian in 2011 wouldn't go amiss!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SORSuffolk
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

All in all, Brian and Kaew provide a unique service. We were asked if we wanted breakfast but declined as it was so early 4.30am. Brian took us to the airport and went through the procedure of where he would pick us up on return, all was quite simple and easy to follow and we understand why he wants to pick you up from this location, as not only paying for the car park it is sometimes so busy to get in and out of. The room was lovely and clean, but there was a little road noise but nothing too bad.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pearl066186225
Guernsey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

Collection from STN was efficient. Nothing was too much trouble for the patron. Room was first class, a big bed with fine linen. A big en suite with power shower over bath. A good quiet nights sleep was experienced.
Outward we dined at a local pub, we will give it 4 out of 10. On the return we partook of Pus?y Willows Thai dinner which we will give 9 out of 10.
As Guernsey residents we often have to overnight in the UK and we will recommend P Willow to our friends.
Rob Gill 23.09.10

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RobGill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Takeley
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,275 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,057 reviews

Been to The Pussy Willow? Share your experiences!