Stansted Guest House
  • Breakfast included
$140
$101
  • Pool
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)
$89
$72
$63
Travelodge
$65
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I booked an overnight there and first then have realised that they have strict cloging hour at 23:00, but our plane is landing about 23:30. I asked them for an exception or favour, no chance. I even had to pay a cancellation fee (25% of the total price), though I made the booking approx. 15 hours ago for May!
Very disappointing experience!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Jitka_10
stanstedguesthouse, General Manager at Stansted Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2016

Dear Jitka_10

A little unfair, because you didn't read the closing times, it's our fault !

We are a small family run guest house and cannot work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so we have to have strict opening and closing times, 16:00 - 23:00, we are unable to make exceptions as we are asked on a daily basis, because of our close proximity to the airport.

We do make sure our opening and closing times are clearly advertised on all sites in several places, so guests can make sure the accommodation meets their needs before they book and incur costs.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed in this clean, warm and friendly guest house on 2 separate occasions in December. Ideal for travelling via stansted as can leave car in their car park for a small charge, compared to airport charges and get either a lift or taxi to the airport, only minutes away. Would stay here again as we enjoyed the surrounding.

Room Tip: We had a room at the rear overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Really close to the airport and walking took 15 minutes, good size rooms, and reasonably priced.Local pub served food a short walk away.
Staff were friendly and offered breakfast but were leaving to early.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2014

i don't know guesthouse near to the airport has no late check in service is a bit strange our flight was landed around 22:30, so i asked them that we might be late for 5-10 mins, but there was zero flexibility from them!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Lomexito

Dear Lomexito

Thank you for your review.

The reason we do not offer a late check in service is because we are small family run guest house and cannot work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so we have to have strict opening and closing times, 16:00 - 23:00.

We are unable to make exceptions as we are asked on a daily basis because of our close proximity to the airport, there is no way of telling how late the guests might be due to delays or time it takes to clear the airport and get to us, so 5-10 minutes could quite easy become an hour or more.
We do make sure our opening and closing times are clearly advertised on all sites in several places, so guests can make sure that they have left enough time to get to us.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

On July 12th this year, all flights into London were delayed due to a fire at Heathrow. As soon as I got in, I got a cab to the Stansted Guesthouse, the taxi dropped me off and drove away. It was 11.30, I explained in the best possible manner the cicrumstances of my late arrival and apologised profusely. Speaking to me through a window the person on duty simply replied 'this place is closed, there are hotels at the airport' and shut the window.

I then had to trudge, with all my suitcases, back to the Airport, a one mile walk in the pitch black, there is no road lighting. I eventually ended up staying in the Hilton. I was then charged the 50usd no-show fee by booking.com. I wrote back explaining that I hadn't been a no-show, but that I had been delayed by circumstances out of my control but the owners of the guesthouse refused to reimburse me, instead just giving a snotty reply.

These people CARE NOTHING ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE. They WANT you to miss your booking and then charge you the no-show fee. I wish I had payed more attention to the reviews on here first....

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
11  Thank Mat Y

Dear Mat Y

Why would we want guests to not arrive and charge them?

We are a small family run guest house and cannot work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so we have to have strict opening and closing times, 16:00 - 23:00.

Any guests who do not arrive by our closing time are a no show, we do not have anyone on duty after 11pm, so I can only assume you spoke to a guest who was staying in the main house.