“Bed Bugs and bad staff attitude”

Ramada South Mimms M25
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in South Mimms
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This Days Inn was convenient for a business trip. I managed to ignore the bad smells and the dirt, but I was bitten by bed bugs, that was the last straw. I recognised the symptoms as I had a bed bug experience in Cuba 10 years ago.

The staff went into defensive denial mode and I cancelled the rest of my bookings and checked out.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here on a coach visit to Windsor and Buckingham Palace. Very quick passage to bedrooms as all hotel requirements carried out by our courier including being given key. Bedroom was a pleasant surprise as, for a 3 star hotel was fairly spacious. Twin beds comfortable. Only problem was noise from road. Shower efficient and easy to operate. Tea and coffee facilities. T.V. Breakfast was continental, £4 surcharge p.p. for full english. Restaurant not big enough to cater for everyone so had to wait and queue. However for just a one night stay was acceptable, just!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

There was a stale smell around the building but the reception area was nice and fresh no smell there.
The shower had mould up the wall and the room also had a stale smell.
The bed was comfy we had a good nights sleep. Just couldn't stand that horrible smell.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed overnight here in late July as a base from which to travel to the Olympic Park. Accommodation was clean and tidy and breakfast was served at the adjacent service station.Good basic overnight accommodation with nearby Potters Bar railway station ( a short drive or taxi journey away) allowing quick access to London. I would say good value for money from what we experienced,no frills, clean, basic accommodation.The location on a service station means that you probably need a car if you want to visit any nearby attractions or travel quickly to Potters Bar or St Albans for example but from there,London is easily accessible.

Room Tip: Location on a Motorway Service Station . Free parking overnight via a voucher available from recepti...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stay at the Day's Inn regularly with work & it ticks all the boxes. The rooms are clean & modern & the front of house staff always very helpful to put right any little quibbles you may have. I prefer staying on the higher floors but that's my personal preference. The Welcome Break Service Station is next door for food & sundries. Motorway noise has never been a problem & I've always had a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Go high! 1st or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MCP163
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Rather hard to find in the service area of M25 and easy to miss.
However the receptionist was quite nice and helpful, explained in details how to get to the Tube at the next junction (however the paper she gave us should have mentioned that "next junction" is 24...we first went to 22). She also changed our room as the bed for the kid had not been made and bed linen was missing. We also had a bit of a hard time using the WiFi...it is indeed free but does require some time to be figured out. The rest was OK, and the food court next to it is convenient with a Waitrose.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed on the 10/07/12 in room 218 the bedding had not been change from people befor the bath room smells like a dirty ash tray how do they stay open I don't know the girl on reception sat outside when I got their to finish her fag befor seeing to me it's a joke don't stay in this hotel it's as bad as Heston sig B foster

• Stayed: July 2012
DaysInnPeterborough, General Manager at Ramada South Mimms M25, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the poor standards you received when you stayed with us on the 10th July. I can assure you I am addressing the points you raised with my housekeeping team with regard to the bed linen, and will be re-training with my reception team regarding our customer service expectations.

We do aim to provide high standards of service to all our guests and this was clearly not the case during your stay.

I do apologise that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I would like to thank you for your feedback, please know how valuable it is in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

I sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again and give us the opportunity to ensure you have a far more satisfactory stay. Again I apologise for the inconveniences during your recent visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Mimms
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
3 mi away
West Lodge Park Hotel

Been to Ramada South Mimms M25? Share your experiences!