1,148 results
All reviews cockfosters tube station meal deal parking charge car park service area kings cross service station all you can eat air con convenient location an evening meal plenty of parking good nights sleep family room budget hotel excellent stay night's sleep
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The room was very basic, the pillows were so old, they were flat and of no use at all. The extractor fan in the bathroom didn’t work, so the mirror just steamed up instantly when you had a shower. The TV did not work on any of the HD channels and the bed was far too soft.
The restaurant is so un inviting. Ordered a rib eye steak, it wasn’t a 21 day matured steak, too tough for that! Then the waitress delivered our main course whilst we were still eating our starter, without steak knives or any sauces or condiments. Under trained staff, under staffed and penny pinching by Premier Inn. We normally stay at the Elstree hotel, going back there next time, never coming here again.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I really do wonder about most of the reviewers on this site. To rate this hotel as they do could suggest that the reviewers are either employees, relatives of employees or are not let out often.

This place is serious garbage. I only stayed here because all my other usual options were fully booked, I will not be making that mistake again.

I got there around midnight, one person on reception who was only concerned to tell me where the parking machine was, jeez you have to pay £5 to escape the place in the morning, absolute ripoff.

The room, was at the end of the cell block, I think 300 metres from reception !!. On opening the door of Room 130, I was met by a blast of cold air, some muppet presumably an employee had left the A/C on at 17c, on an autumn eve, and the pervading smell of what I believe was dettol.

Clearly there had been an issue in the room, but Premier Inn obviously put profit before the welfare of their customers.

In addition, the bed had barely been made, the cover just thrown on.

There was no phone in the room to complain and this is allegedly a hotel which claims according to Tripadvisor a 3 star rating, standards must be low.

If I had not had to be at a meeting locally for 8am, I would have upped and left.

With no options, well I could have slept in the car which would have been better, I very reluctantly went to bed.

Actually felt as if I was sharing the end of the bed with something, and the following morning I had some red marks on my calf, which were not there previously.....

Got out of the room double quick, then joined a queue at reception to pay my £5 to escape this fleapit.

Not a good morning or any enquiry about the stay from the fleapit keeper behind the desk, who was only interested in my card for the car parking charge.

Frankly if you have any choice don’t stay here, if you have to stay at South Mimms, even the Ramada is better at least you don’t share a bed....

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn South Mimms/Potters Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello there,

I'm very disappointed to hear you feel this way. This certainly isn't what we'd expect for our guests. I can imagine how much frustration these issues caused you and this isn't our usual standard at all.

With issues like these, we'd always recommend speaking with a member of staff as this would give them the chance to rectify any issues you have and will hopefully help improve your stay. However, rest assured all comments have been passed to the hotels management team for them to have a further look in to this. We wouldn't want an impression like this to last so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

If you'd like to discuss this further, please do so with our Guest Relations team. You can reach them by calling 0333 003 0025 (option 1). You can also submit your comments on our website via the 'Contact Us' page and a member of our Guest Relations team will get back to you within 14 days.

Please accept our apologies for the experience you had. We'd hate to think that this experience would make you think twice about staying with us again so please have confidence that this isn't our usual standard. We also take all complaints and feedback very seriously so thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

We hope to see you again soon.

Ricky

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Everything was fine until early evening and the air con making a racket. This was apparent in the three rooms we booked. Other family members endured it but I got a room change at 1am. Premier Inn took my concerns and refunded two of the 3 rooms I booked. The only saving grace from my stay is Karen, she helped move my stuff to my new allocated room. She was apologetic and a bit sexyee in it too. But none of us had great sleep that night due to the air con which issues where confined to the front of the hotel. Apparently rooms at the rear are newer and have separate air con systems

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2018

stay here regularly and always found it to be one of the better value Premier Inns - self service checking in / out and parking is a boon for early / late arrivals and departures - location on the junction of A1 / M25 is excellent - rooms usual standard - restaurant ok (Sheringham Taxi)

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Room fine , location ok but it’s full of contractors who like to drink a lot .
Car park and environment are at best basic definitely not a hotel for families or couples
Will not go back as it felt like it had no soul and wash just functional

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family