“Great food, Great View, Good service”

La Roe's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Ohio
“Great food, Great View, Good service”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We visited LaRoe's for dinner on 5/21/2014. They have a small deck on the back of the restaurant that seats about 30 people and offers a view of rapids on the Maumee River, a railroad bridge and the Miami-Erie Canal. Among the four of us we had steak, shrimp, and chicken and all of our meals were very good. The ambiance was perfect on a beautiful evening. We arrived around 6:30 and were seated on the outdoor deck almost immediately. I think we were just lucky because it became clear that reservations are probably necessary for outdoor seating. We were never rushed, always had something on the table in front of us and had a very enjoyable and relaxing evening. We left at 9:00. Meals range from a sandwich and sides for about $10 to a rib eye steak for around $25. They have a full bar with a good selection of beer, wine and spirits. We highly recommend this restaurant and also recommend that you call in advance for reservations.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ddrOhio

Lambertville, Michigan
“The owner that isn't worth the time or experience!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The staff is great. The building is beautiful. The food is good. The owner is the biggest lier and jerk that I have ever met!!! We have been there noumerous times and he always asks if u have a reservation and when you say no he tells you that he can't seat you and that you need a reservation, and his restaurant is half full at best sometimes completely empty! I've called to make a reservation and I'm told that I don't need one then I get there and we go through them same song and dance all over again. I'm told by people that know him personally that he does that because he thinks it makes him look important... It makes him look like a fool!! There will not be anyone sitting at the bar and he will tell you that every seat in the place is reserved, even the bar seats and that you have to try another day with a reservation. The guy is a complete fool!!! His food isn't worth having to put up with his ego!

• Visited May 2014
10 Thank By-tor1
“One of my favorites!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I eat here ever time we stay in Grand Rapids. Sometimes I want to drive here just for the great food. Everything is delicious especially the soup.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank AdorableKaren
Grand Rapids, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We eat here often. Great atmosphere, great food and wonderful service!! Dave LaRoe knows how to give you a great experience. Small interesting town. Come for lunch and spend the day in the shops. Give yourself a special visit to Grand Rapids, Ohio.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mary P
Allen Park, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hopefully the cooks on vacation,,,”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

The best thing was the service, After that everything went down hill. Overcooked fish and tough tasteless ribs but they had great sweet potato fries.

Visited March 2014