Mill House Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Grand Rapids
See available hotels
The Kerr House(Grand Rapids)
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsgarden roommaumee riverb bwonderful hostsnw ohiobreakfast was deliciousquaint townantique shopsrelaxing retreathouse bed and breakfastwonderful roomfresh fruithoward roomcanal towpathcomfortable roomplace to staytoledo area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our stay at The Mill House was a little slice of heaven. We were in the garden room, which is in the back of the inn with a private entrance. There were at least 8 windows which afforded a beautiful view of the Maumee River and Canal; the sound of the water made for a restful retreat and good night sleep. The décor in the room was whimsical, with a beautiful green wainscoting and a combination of cloth napkins and vintage handkerchiefs as valences. The innkeepers, Kathy and Ron, could not be any nicer. They made us feel right at home immediately and gave us a tour of the inn. Kathy is a fabulous cook, and left both her decadent scones and delicious homemade fudge out for the guests to snack on. They had a great selection of coffee, tea, and cold drinks as well. Of course, that was nothing compared to the delicious and generous breakfast Kathy served, which included more scones, a blueberry cobbler, delicious French toast and baked eggs. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I fell in love with this place the first second I walked in! Ron & Kathy provide a comfortable room (The Edward Howard room) with everything you need plus little extras. I loved the breakfasts with great conversations around the table each morning! The view was incredible along the back of the property, along the river. I took literally hundreds of pictures! I was relaxing on the swing out back, watching the amazing sunset! I wanna go back! I felt so much at home that it took me a few days to get back into my normal routine at home and that has never happened in my 29+ yrs of getaways with my husband! I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: We Stayed in the Edward Howard room. I loved having our own bathroom (as all the rooms did) Had all the comforts of home! Enjoyed a wonderful breakfast every day we were there, felt a little spoiled! Great conversation around the table. I really enjoyed walking the trail behind the property along the river, I took literally hundreds of pictures & the sunset was amazing! You walk in as guests & leave as friends. I highly recommend this place. I felt so much at home that it took me several days to settle back into my regular home routine & that has NEVER happened in all my 29+ yrs of marriage & traveling with my husband!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed in the back 1st floor room. (one double, one twin) was much nicer a few years back. Owners tried to accommodate and were pleasant.. Beds comfortable enough. Room small for two beds. One bed had headboard in a window which had no privacy shade on it. Owners live upstairs, much walking about at night. "Country" décor.

Room Tip: Perhaps the larger room in the front would have been better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
kathyToledo_Ohio, Owner at Mill House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thanks for your comments. We feel bad that you could not find the window blind behind the valance. I suppose we could add that element to our intro tour. We would have been happy to assist if we knew of the issue. In regards to hearing footsteps overhead, the kitchen of a busy innkeeper has a lot of activity. So we apologize for that inconvenience. We have also cancelled our flamenco lessons going forward. :)

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The Edward Howard Room was amazing. Everything we expected but even better! The grounds were very nice and the whole property looked well maintained. We really enjoyed breakfast and all the nice conversations with Kathy and Ron. We even booked two more times in advance for later this year. This is the best bed and breakfast in town!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I chose to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary close to home in the small little town of Grand Rapids, OH. We loved every minute of our stay. The Mill House is so cozy, beautifully located on the river, and the hosts, Ron & Kathy, were exceptionally welcoming. We stayed in the Garden Room and enjoyed it's private entrance, close proximity to the terrace and the walking trails along the Maumee River. Our room met all our expectations for comfort, the scenery was wonderful, and the scones and fudge when we returned from dinner at LaRoe's were the perfect touch. Owners made the outdoor deck reservation and we were happy to enjoy a beautiful Spring evening. We prefer to stay in B & B's when we travel, and have stayed in many. We were thrilled to find such a perfect place so close to home that has the peacefulness, pretty gardens, and wonderful service we enjoy in a B & B.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely......depends what you prefer and what time of year you are traveling.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple