“PREPARE TO BE COSSETED!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kerr House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Rapids
The Kerr House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Chandler, Az.
“PREPARE TO BE COSSETED!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2006

Prepare to be enchanted and cosseted! I was a guest at The Kerr House’s original opening week 25 years ago. It was the most pampered gift of “receiving” I have ever experienced in my life complete with breakfast served in bed. Laurie Hostetler has created the most exquisite, memorable and healing spa retreat anyone could ever imagine in a unique timeless setting. My body sung praises with daily walks, and yoga sessions that are tailored individually followed by deep relaxation.

Laurie also provides fascinating and inspiring expertise on many subjects in these daily sessions. My soul was soothed and my spirit soared in this Victorian jewel. The staff is sensitive and caring, and second to none; top professionals provide superb services with attention to every detail your heart desires. Laurie and her staff are devoted to each guest’s wellness. I felt replenished and nourished on every level. The Kerr House provides hospitality and generosity at its finest, the moment you enter door and experience the splendor of stained glass, which is breathtaking.

Since only a maximum or six to eight guests are accommodated at one time, one feels like a very special and honored guest. The fresh cuisine is heavenly and presented on different exquisite china each evening in the oak dining room (so beautiful I’m sure museums would love to have it for their collection from that era). Laurie is a lively conversationalist who has a wonderful wit and sense of humor so meal times are stimulating and fun. There is often a harpist playing in the background, which adds to the deep sense of harmony that pervades The Kerr House. After dinner, guests are in for a treat with entertainment that can be life changing and inspired.

I have thoroughly enjoyed all my visits to the Kerr House. I was there when Good Morning America came to film a feature presentation. It is a glowing reflection of Laurie and her outstanding, shiny staff that many, many guests have returned 20 and 30 times for weeklong visits. That speaks for itself on how memorable guest experiences are at Laurie's Kerr House.

• Stayed April 1999

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2005

I recently had a girls weekend at The Kerr House in Grand Rapids, OH. It had been rated in many magazines as a top spa, so I assumed it would be an amazing experience. However, it ws probably my worst travel experience ever. 1.) There was a community bathroom for nine women to share with one shower and two restrooms- this fact wasn't mentioned in any of the reviews or on their website. 2.) The spa treatments were extremely low rate. For the herbal wrap, they gave you a sheet drenched in hot tea and were told to wrap it around yourself in the sauna. The massages were poor. The products were not professional salon products. All the lotions and oils seemed like they were from vats that you could buy at Wal-Mart for a dollar. 3.) The food was terrible and we had to often go into town to eat because we were so hungry. I am an amateur cook and I could have made better meals than what we were served. An example of our breakfast was; one cold poached egg, one half slice of dry, burnt wheat toast and apple juice. 4.) Cleanliness- The community bathroom often had dirty towels covering the counter and floors. The spa treatment staff was also the kithcen staff making food and dumping the trash. 5.) A spa is supposed to be a private getaway and we were forced to have communal dinners with the other guests and the owner who directed all conversations. No one ever asked us if we needed anything or how we were doing. When we left we did let the owner know how extremely disappointed we were and she listened but did not offer any solutions. I have been on many vacations including spas and I cannot stress enough how unrewarding this experience was. We each paid $750.00 for a place that should have cost about $250-300.
Tiffany Bridges

#1 of 5 in Bowling Green
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
BEST WESTERN Toledo South Maumee

Been to The Kerr House? Share your experiences!