“A hidden little gem”

Little Hallingbury Mill
“A hidden little gem”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed the last bank holiday of may.
We were in room 15 right at the top overlooking all the barges on the canal.
Looking at the photos on trip advisor this is exactly where i would want to have a room for the fantastic views. We were not disappointed once in the room, our only gripe was the very tiny cupboard of a washroom but so glad of that room it didn't matter. The building is so old you have to expect this its not designed to be a hotel when they built the mill. Had a lovely evening meal and a very good breakfast. Some excellent walks on your door step . For people like us who live in the city coming to a place like this is pure heaven, and yes the sun was out clear blue sky's. Would we return DEFINATLY.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

my wqife kirsten and I had our wedding reception at Little Hallingbury Mill 28th march and we extremely well looked after as were all our guests. The location and the views is ideal and the service and staff are very attentive............. well worth a stay

Room Tip: great for events, very private location away from the hustle and bustle
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Only stayed 1 night on business. The staff very friendly, the room was clean and comfortable and the beer was good in the bar. I didn't eat but it certainly looked worth a try. I will go back if I am in the area for £37.50 I paid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Grantham
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I got a last minute reservation here in December 2012. As I work in a hotel myself, I am always a little sceptical of other hotels, but this place is wonderful. The room was spacious - the heating was not on when we arrived, but that wasn't a huge problem, it heated up soon enough while we were dining. The bed was a little too springy for my taste, but it's a hotel - they cannot cater for everyone's individual tastes when it comes to something like this. The tv was a nice size, the facilities were more than adequate. The room was clean, and well-maintained.
We went for a meal in the bar, and it was just fantastic. I had the turkey, gammon and stuffing pie, and it was out of this world. Good portion size, wonderful presentation, and it has left me wanting to find a recipe for it, although my cooking skills surely won't be in the same league as their chef (who I had the pleasure of speaking to, and seems like a wonderful man).
The barmaid/waitress was very courteous, and efficient, and made time to talk to the guests without making anyone wait for service.
The surrounding area is lovely, and it is easy to get to, although my car wasn't much if a fan of the small road leading down to the hotel, still, we had very, very little room for complaint.
All in all, this was a bargain, and if we were to ever visit the area again, i Would stay there once more, with no hesitation.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room in the adjacent guest house, which seemed nice enough.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

read reviews after we had booked and did not know what to expect. We found easy parking a friendly welcome . Our room was in the old mill house and was clean well presented and most of all warm. We did not eat here but wished we had, as this would have meant we would have arrived in daylight (highly recommended) even with satnav. Excellent location with canal views
this is a 1800s watermill "A real bit of old England" if you want clinical find somewhere else

Room Tip: Do not take negative comments as gospel, the moaners always moan. the satisfied just enjoy life
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I booked dinner and a one night stay at this quant little hotel. We arrived on a cold wet windy Saturday afternoon, but could still recognise what a lovely little place it was. The welcome we received from the staff, particularly Jess, was lovely. The owner, Derek also popped in during the course of our visit and chatted with us.

We would recommend this hotel for a short relaxing break where you don't really want to do anything but relax. The quality of the food is more than acceptable and the whole visit was very good value for money.

We will certainly return.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank NotMichelinanymore
Essex
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I held my wedding here and all our guests stayed the night. It was an absolute perfect venue for a small wedding and Derek the perfect host. Yes the rooms are quite basic but very clean and functional. The top floor of the mill has rooms with beautiful views across the Essex/Herts countryside. The bar is a lovely area with the old mill wheel a great feature. Great value for money,congenial host and beautiful surroundings....what more do you want. I highly recommended it.

Room Tip: Be aware the top floor of the Mill is up 3 flights of rickety stairs but worth the views!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Hallingbury
Down Hall Country House Hotel
Down Hall Country House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Hatfield Heath
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Fanhams Hall Hotel

Been to Little Hallingbury Mill? Share your experiences!