“This review relates to the restaurant not the hotel rooms”
Review of The Broadway Hotel

The Broadway Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Letchworth
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Excellent carvery, have visited several times and even when very busy as it was 22nd December, the food counter is always kept well stocked and hot. A choice of 3 meats freshly carved, a choice of potatoes and at least 6 different veg so something for everyone. Excellent choice of deserts and the restaurant has a very good decor and able to cater for tables of 2 or parties of 20++, some very nice tables set up in quiet corners/alcoves, even a romantic dinner! but not on a Sunday lunch!!. Although the restaurant was fully booked the clever layout means that you do not feel squashed up against other tables and can only see a few tables at any one time so it does not appear packed. This is a family restaurant, great for adults, kids, taking the grand parants out!, £90 for 6 adults including 2 rounds of drinks & coffee plus some deserts, quality food at a good price. Easy street parking or in the private hotel parking or the Supermarket close by, no problem. The Carvery operates every day with a cheaper weekday price up to 2100hrs.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Dont know whats meant to be wrong with this establishment. After reading the negative reviews and fearing the worst, I found the broadway a perfectly fine place to eat and stay. Pleasant enough rooms, polite helpful staff and very handily located for the station. I will be staying again when I'm next in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank trickytr33
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Thankfully I didn't book a room at this 1970 's looking dump only attempted to eat there, it was on a Thursday and and on the dirty table it was advertised as a steak night it was good value at £7.95 I was then told that it was withdrawn because it was now December on challenging them saying that it shouldn't be advertised and I wasn't prepared to pay £12.95 the manager who couldn't be bothered to talk to me or apologise reluctantly agreed to honour it via a waiter 45!! minutes after my order was taken in a almost empty restaurant (5pm) still no meal, apology or reason I paid for my drink and left never to return to this dirty hovel don't waste your time there are plenty of better places in letchworth

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank gcamfield55
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Enjoyed our stay here. The staff is very friendly and the restaurant excellent -- the fact that it was full almost every meal with locals and guests was a good barometer. We would definitely stay again. We spent 5 nights here and ate in the restaurant a number of times.

Room Tip: Didn't see any bad ones.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Regularly stay at The Broadway on business trips as I have to travel to London and Cambridge and the hotel is perfect for my stay as the station is a stones throw away. The staff are very attentive to my requests and are always friendly. Recently tried the Lamb burger on their menu which I thoroughly enjoyed! Look forward to having this on my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night on the 26th October to meet family that live locally. For £69 a night I was expecting a clean room ( it's was disgusting there was dust every where the light switches had dirt on them, my parents room head board had a big stain on it.) I would expect the toilet to flush ( in the three rooms we stayed in none of the toilets flushed) the towels had make up on them. The hotel smelled like an old people home. It was so old fashioned. The pictures on the trip adviser site make this hotel look like a very appealing place to stay. I would stay there again. The breakfast wasn't good. I would have expected more choice. I will be taking my business else where in future. My dad did tell the man at the desk about how unhappy we were and he did give us a discount on the room. This place need more than just a coat of paint.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had a complaint regarding the way a member of staff had spoken to me. The owner of the hotel emailed me personally, then I had a phone call from the Managing Partner. Within the hour a huge bouquet of flowers and a massive box of chocolates arrived in apology. You cannot ask for better customer satisfaction regarding a complaint then that

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letchworth
Mercure Letchworth Hall
#8 of 8 in Hitchin
The Abbington
The Abbington
#8 of 11 in Stevenage

Been to The Broadway Hotel? Share your experiences!