“Great Service, Great Food and Great Location”
Review of The Broadway Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Broadway Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Letchworth
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed at the Broadway for three nights Stayed at Dalmeny hotel for 2 nights in September (2012) whilst on a business trip in Herts. The staff were very pleasant and helpfull,hotel was very clean the room was ample and the food was excellent. Great value for money and would highly recommend this hotel. Will be my second home during December 2012.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Broadway Hotel

Reviewed November 10, 2012

As I used to live locally when visiting family I thought this would be an ideal hotel for my stay what a mistake the only staff service available was my bag taken to room as lift still not working, and the waitress on the monday evening who was very attentive to all diners. On arrival my room was very warm so opened ensuite window much to my regret as it would not close and was open for 3 days also had to stand on side of bath to turn shower on at 62yrs this is surely not what you expect. On first breakfast a member of kitchen staff was sitting on mobile, no good morning which costs nothing. Only thing that looked edible was the scrambled eggs [bacon and sausage all dried up] no baked beans left nobody available to help with toaster and no coffee cups available this was only 8-15am so no excuse for it. The next day I had breakfast in a cafe On departing nobody asked if my stay had been ok, have a good journey, not one word to make you feel you would want to return. I run a small guest house myself and would never think of disrespecting my guests in the way the majority of your staff do.

Room Tip: To avoid cooking smells opt for 2nd floor and up.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2012

had some tokens to use from local paper..two meals for under £10.lovely cavery.choice of three meats.good portion given.help yourself to good choice of unlimited veg.pleasant and helpfull staff.good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at the Broadway Hotel Letchworth for two nights on business. I was looking for a comfotable hotel at a reasonable price - nothing fancy - and this hotel ticked the boxes, too a degree. Staff on check in were friendly enough although I felt I was 'left to it' to a certain extent. Had to walk through bar area to access rooms through a small door at the rear and I was just sent in the general direction withough much help. Found it ok after a couple of wrong turns, only to find I was on the third floor and the lift was broken. Had to carry case and bag up 6 flights of steps and I thought it might have been nice to be offered some help.
Single room was clean enough, although a bit dated, but extremely small, very dark (even with every light on) and the bathroom only had a bath with shower attachment, but no shower curtain or screen, which made for interesting mornings! On the plus side breakfasts were hot and very good (although again it was so dark in the bar where it was served I had trouble seeing what I was eating!), and both evenings I ate the carvery in the bar (which has a nice atmopsphere) for £6.25, which was very good value. Overall, this hotel is in an excellent central position (you can see the railway station from the front), is funcional with reasonable food. Price was excellent (£109 for two nights), but I had had enough by the third day, mainly due to the cramped room and lack of light. I would use again, but not for a stay any longer than this one.

Room Tip: Choose a double room if you can afford it even if travelling alone, just to get more space.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We held a charity fundraising ball at The Broadway this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised how well it was all ran. There had been a wedding the day before but the room was ready for us to decorate from 10am. Mark Beer the Events Mgr knows his stuff & has an eye for detail. Food tasted good, was hot & 120 people served promptly. Mark couldn't have been more helpful, all the guests seemed to have enjoyed themselves & money raised for a local hospice. I'd definitely consider using The Broadway for future events. I didn't stay at the hotel so can't comment on the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here for one night and and have no complaints at all. Very reasonably priced at £65 for a twin room if booked online. Clean room and bathroom was immaculate as well, plenty of tea and coffee amenities (better selection and more of it than you get at cheap chain hotels!), really comfortable bed. Great night's stay.

Cannot rate breakfast as we had to leave before they started serving at 8am, however prior to my stay the receptionist did say that I could request an early continental breakfast (from 7am) - very accomodating.

The only complaint I can make is that the room was warm and I wanted to open the window. When doing so I noticed the window frame was very, very dirty.

Room Tip: If you can't climb too many flights of stairs or have a lot of luggage, as for one on the 1st fl...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Tried the carvery "on spec" tuesday night - we went early & everything had just been laid out - hence we had the best choice of everything - excellent portions of meat & abundance of everything else you wanted - all nice & fresh - the chef was very good too. Can recommend their house white - at their recommendation we took this one & it was fine. Great value & nice people.

ian

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letchworth
Mercure Letchworth Hall
Templars Hotel and Carvery
purplehotel Baldock
purplehotel Baldock
#4 of 4 in Baldock

Been to The Broadway Hotel? Share your experiences!