“Lots to choose from....nice food.”

The Broadway Carvery
Ranked #18 of 58 Restaurants in Letchworth
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Hotel offers 35 en-suite bedrooms at great value in a town centre location. We also offer private parking for our guests and a wonderful Carvery Restaurant. In the warmer months we open our delightful terrace for al fresco drinking and dining. Our 180 seater restaurant is very popular with all the Letchworth folk and word of our fantastic value for money carvery has spread to surrounding areas. We are proud of our wide variety of delicious starters and desserts and our mouth-watering grill menu.
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“Lots to choose from....nice food.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Vast selection of food to choose from. Can be difficult carrying plates esp if you have little ones in tow, so its difficult to all sit and eat at same time as queues can be likely when busy. Friendly staff. Nice food. Like the fact that you can sit around corners away from others and the lighting isnt too bright so it's quite cosy. They have lots of high chairs which is a bonus.

Visited September 2013

London, United Kingdom
“The Better Carvery.”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Compared to other Carverys in the area The Broadway has got to be the best. The vegetables are always fresh and meat succulent. Yorkshires are home made and all staff are very helpful in suggestions of what they would recommend.

Visited May 2014
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Carving Up Broadway”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Back in Letchworth, I found myself in need of an evening meal. I asked a friend's daughter for recommendations and she suggested the Broadway Carvery. It's easy enough to find, as it's in the town centre, on Broadway. Situated in the Broadway Hotel, parking is readily available. They offer a carvery, for £6.95, which is a low price. Sadly, you only get one portion of meat, but the sides and salad bar are all you can eat. I had the full selection of meats with a small slice of each. Gammon, turkey, pork, and roast beef were on offer, sliced by a jolly Romanian chef, the same man who coked them all. Sides included a range of potatoes, carrots, sweetcorn, and a cheesy broccoli and cauliflower bake that was tasty. It was after 8PM when I was seated and the sides seemed as if they had been sat out a long time. I enjoyed the meat, but considering it was a Tuesday night and not especially busy, it took almost as long to get the waitress to bring the bill as it did to eat my meal. Given the low price, I guess I can't complain too much, but this is another occasion when I wish Trip Advisor had a "good" rating, between average and very good.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Joseph B
Beds
“No complaints”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I have eaten here several times during the past month both enjoying the carvery and Thursday Steak Nights. At present my wife is on medication which seems to suppress her appetite so the hotel have kindly charged her for child portions.
Admittedly the meat can be variable. For example, the beef was so rare on the most recent occasion that even the chef confessed that he would be unable to eat it! I usually opt for turkey as a safe bet although all the joints can be lovely depending on the cut and time of day. Always seem to have 4 different ways of cooking potatoes plus a good selection of other vegetables. A little surprised that spoons are not on the tables for dealing with peas, sweetcorn, sauces and gravy - but just ask.
Only reason for not awarding 5 stars is that occasionally some of the vegetables farthest away from the actual carvery seem rather cold. Anyway no hesitation re visiting again. Staff friendly and welcoming.

• Visited June 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“Good value food was very nice”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Had a carvery here with friends. Very good value and food was plentiful. I don't think they accepted reservations for Sunday lunch but we went mid afternoon and there was no problem getting a table in a quiet corner. All the food was freshly prepared and well cooked.

• Visited March 2014