“Good value food was very nice”

The Broadway Carvery
Ranked #18 of 58 Restaurants in Letchworth
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Hotel offers 35 en-suite bedrooms at great value in a town centre location. We also offer private parking for our guests and a wonderful Carvery Restaurant. In the warmer months we open our delightful terrace for al fresco drinking and dining. Our 180 seater restaurant is very popular with all the Letchworth folk and word of our fantastic value for money carvery has spread to surrounding areas. We are proud of our wide variety of delicious starters and desserts and our mouth-watering grill menu.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Had a carvery here with friends. Very good value and food was plentiful. I don't think they accepted reservations for Sunday lunch but we went mid afternoon and there was no problem getting a table in a quiet corner. All the food was freshly prepared and well cooked.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ever since childhood I have enjoyed Sunday roast. Now with distractions such as Sunday shopping very few people seem to sit around the table for Sunday lunch. A carvery can be a good alternative.

We meet up with friends in Letchworth three or four times a year. Having been disappointed by a nearby Italian last year we decided to try the Broadway Carvery. On arrival we were greeted warmly, seated quickly and the carvery (and specials) explained. The service was excellent throughout the meal. We all decided to go for the carvery. We expected a choice of three meats but in reality this was two when we went up – the beef was nearing the end and looked dry and overcooked. However both the gammon and were up to scratch. The vegetables were a real mix. The carrots and broccoli/cauliflower were overcooked, the ratatouille was excellent but seemed at odds with a carvery. I had roast and new potatoes and these were fine. The Yorkshire deserves mention as it mention as it was burnt in places and yet undercooked in others. There seems to be a trend in many carveries to serve larger Yorkshires that are not really up to scratch rather than doing traditional ones properly.

Sadly many carveries are similar when with a bit more effort they could offer an excellent product. Over recent years only two have impressed by doing everything right. As I have not visited either for a while I will review them next time I go.

Would I go again – yes but I would not go out of my way.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Let me start by saying that we go here a lot! My Dad loves it so we always end up here when he visits.

You do need to pick your cutlery carefully as it's not always spotless but on the whole it's a nice place to eat. The staff are always friendly & helpful & the food is normally of the standard you would expect for the price.

Today the beef was fatty, the turkey was cold, the broccoli boiled to within an inch of its life & the sweetcorn rock hard? They must have been having an off day but it won't stop us going back when I can't be bothered to cook a roast myself on a Sunday ;)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Had a fabulous Christmas day meal at the Broadway Hotel in Letchworth yesterday. We were shown to our table near the window which was not cramped and we had plenty of room around us.We where were offered drinks while we chose from a selection of starters. Starter were hot and brought to us promptly. Main course was a carvery which you had to go up and select what you wanted . This was plentiful a very good choice and hot. Our plates were cleared quickly and our desert choices were bought to the table quickly. At no time did we feel we were being rushed. Coffee and mints were served at the end. A perfect end to a perfect Christmas day lunch. We will be booking for next year.

1  Thank makealsit
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Christmas dinner at the Broadway.Good polite & quick service.3 courses,Starter & dessert served at table,Help yourself carvery.All fine.Good selection of drinks.