“Nice fish and chips shame about the staff”
Review of Cox's of Letchworth - CLOSED

Cox's of Letchworth
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Please note this business was taken over by Deep Blue Ltd on the 08/06/16 so please don't review on this page. If you have a complaint or wish to say how lovely everything is please do so in the shop.
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“Nice fish and chips shame about the staff”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Whats happened to Cox's ?......Stroppy rude in fact borderline cocky girl serving this evening...... my wife asked a simple question regarding the curry sauce, the girl was quite rude with her answer, This was quite obviously to belittle her, then she was stroppy as my wife asked for an extra portion of chips that were freshly cooked and didn't look so brown (we had already purchased one portion).....When the curry sauce was ready the girl behind the fryer asked the girl serving us to refund for the curry sauce as it was too thick but the girl at the counter refused said it was fine, when we got home it most certainly wasn't fine it was so thick it was nearly inedible....... the fish and chips were cooked nicely and tasted great but we will never visit again if that girl is working. Shame how rude ignorant staff can spoil your meal.

Weve scored average because although the food was nice the experience wasn't

• Visited May 2014
mick1889, Owner at Cox's of Letchworth, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Not a fair review as didn't complain to management at the time and also the fact that despite being on holiday I personally got in touch and sorted the problem out.

Luton, United Kingdom
“Classic Fish and Chips”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I've been going here since I was a child. The staff are not as efficient and friendly, but when the original owners are around we always get great service. The original owners will always remember your face and greet you - shame they don't come in too often. Its definitely a friendly local chippy in its entirety. The prices have crept up unfortunately though.

• Visited May 2014
mick1889, Owner at Cox's of Letchworth, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Hi and thank you for reviewing my shop in such a possative way.
I will be showing the staff your review in the hope that they will take your comments on board.
I am the only owner after buying my partner out over two years ago,but I am in the shop everyday at sometime.
There has been no price increases in over two years except for roast chicken ( but this was because I increased the size not thhe profit margin ) and chips due to the dramatic increase in the price of potatoes withe the failure of the crop in 2012.
Its a shame you couldn't have made it to the shop on Saturday May the 17th as I sold over 500 portions of fish & chips at 99p.
We look forward to serving you in the near future and hopefully the staff will have imprroved.
Cheers Mick Cox
Hitchin
“Fantastic Fish & Chips”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Cox's is definitely the best fish & chip shop I have been to. Beautiful fish and lovely chips, as well as friendly staff.

“A proper chip shop!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is a proper chip shop where the staff are always friendly and you are guaranteed amazing fish and chips! There is always a queue out of the door but even when it is extra busy the staff are smiling and believe me it is worth the wait. When I took 36 of my Guides there after a town trail Mick had plenty of chips at the ready and was even happy to let one of my Guides make her promise there! A great family business in the heart of Letchworth.

• Visited April 2014
“Fab chippy”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Best fish and chips for miles around . Very friendly and helpful staff. Can't fault food or staff. Many people give them large orders for private functions . Would highly recommend them .

• Visited March 2014