“Hidden gem!”
Review of Alloro

Alloro
Reserve with OpenTable
Alloro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Letchworth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Hitchin, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I visited Alloro this week after finding out when I arrived that the nearby chain Italian restaurant was fully booked. I'm so glad we ended up having a perfect dinner at Alloro, even as a gluten-free diner they had two different types of gluten-free pasta for me to choose from which surprised me for a seemingly small restaurant. I had the crayfish pasta and my friend had the chicken calzone, everything was delicious and our wine came in a lovely big glass!
I would highly recommend to anyone looking to dine out in Letchworth, I know I'll definitely be heading back.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Tasty Italian”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I went here for a meal yesterday evening with a friend & my cousin. As it was a Friday, it was quite busy.
For starter, we all shared a portion of dough balls. For mains we had the Quattro stagioni pizza, buffalo mozzarella pasta & the Mediterranean pasta dish. The food was delicious.
For dessert, my cousin ordered 2 scoops of ice cream. This took a long time to arrive, & when she'd finished, another order of ice cream arrived at the table - by mistake!! But the waitress said we could have it on the house & lovely ice cream it was too.
Overall, staff were friendly, service good (apart from waiting ages for ice cream!), food was tasty & reasonably price.
Much nicer than what's served in the new Prezzo that's opened up the road.
I will definitely return to try another dish.

hertfordshire
“slow service”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

the food here is very good but we have noticed as regular diners or previous regular as we will not be returning that the service has been getting worse over the last few months - even ordering a take away they tell you it will be 25 mins then you wait nearly an hour ( no offer of free drinks or reducing bill ) and this has happened twice ! its a shame as it was such a great place but going done hill now

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank normanHertfordshire
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“Excellent. Food and service!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We originally went out with the intention of trying the new Prezzo, just up from Alloro. The host at Prezzo's was very rude and just said 'no reservation then no table' - there must've been up to 10 empty tables there.... So we walked down to Alloro, where we had eaten before. They were also really busy, with no tables, but the difference here was that they wanted us to dine with them, so they said they didn't have any tables, but if we came back in 30 minutes they would have a table for us. So we popped off for a drink down the road before coming back. When we arrived back, there still wasn't a table, but, the waitress expertly asked us to sit at the bar, gave us a couple of free drinks and some olives and kept us entertained while we looked at the menu. We got our table shortly after, and, while the food did take a while to come, we didn't mind because we were having a great time, were being looked after and enjoying ourselves. Starters were great, mussels were very tasty and cooked really well. Main courses were lovely, I had the new chicken, spinach pesto calzone and my wife had a Gnocchi, which were both excellent quality.

Next time we go out in town, we will probably walk right past Prezzo, as Alloro probably has a better menu, friendlier staff and a nicer atmosphere. Oh, and better food.

1 Thank Adam N
United Kingdom
“Service is appallingly slow”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant needs a good manager to make sure the waiting staff do their jobs properly.

Six of us arrived at 8pm for dinner in a restaurant which was probably a third full. At 1015 we cancelled our orders for dessert which still had not arrived (and the staff were openly closing up). In all that time, we had been served only with one course and a round of drinks!

Nothing wrong with the food and one of the young girls who served us was very pleasant but to have eight staff standing around chatting when customers need to be looked after just screams poor management.

We won't be going back. And with the opening of Prezzo a few doors away, Allora's days will be numbered if they don't get their act together fast.

5 Thank PamBurn