“Beats the competition!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I went in quite a large party, about 30 for works Christmas party.
Even though we were such a large group the service was still very good, all the dishes came out together, no one was left waiting on any course.
The food was tasty, there is a lot of choice, and as far as I am aware there were no complaints about the food, certainly not from myself!
Normally we go to L'Artista for the Christmas meal, but the atmosphere and the service was much better at Alloro.
I would definitely return!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Service okay but food excellent......i felt my children were given the side orders quicker than should have as they were getting a little excited even though not bad children...just the waitress looked edgy . This should have came out with the mains and my children would have waited but the waitress made an excuse about the chef busy lol. The childrens main was bigger than i expected but the drinks were far too small for children.
i think a jug of water would have been a nice touch and maybe to offer more drinks...it was never asked.
but.... salute the chef. very very nice .i personally had tuna and if the waitress had hinted there would have been a bone in the tuna i would not have had the shock i did.
nice lighting , and relaxing jazz music. will go again

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had a brilliant office pre-christmas get together at Alloro with about 30 of us. I have been to Alloro many times but this is the first time in such a large group. The food and service (as always) was fantastic, given there were so many of us, it was superb and every one of us were served pretty much at the same time, no-one was left waiting for starters or mains. Wine list is fabulous value and well selected. Everyone wanted to know where the place had been hiding, and our group is notoriously fussy about restaurants, they were buzzing about the place the day after. We had an excellent time, made even better when we could mill around the bar having after dinner drinks and chat away for as long as we wanted. If you are looking for a cosy meal, time with your friends or with the kids, a big group etc Alloro ticks all the boxes.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Took my wife for our anniversary. Service was prompt. Food was excellent. Presentation good. £75 for three courses and a bottle of wine wasn't too bad.

The restaurant is well located for a pre-movie meal.

Will definitely try again.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Went in for a quick (we intended) meal on a Friday evening. The restaurant was busy but only 75% capacity so hardly beyond what should be expected of a Friday or Saturday evening.

Unfortunately the ponderously slow service effectively spoilt an otherwise decent meal. The front of house girls were fine, pleasant and reasonably attentive (though often just milling around) which led me to the conclusion that the responsibility must lie with the chef who looked out of his depth as soon as any decent flow of orders came in.

We all had pizza, which was perfectly decent, fresh ingredients and good portion size though I thought the dough was a little stodgy. But taking 40 minutes to turn out 3 pizzas really is not excusable. I cannot comment on the quality of the rest of the menu, and maybe the restaurant works better for couples looking for a long lazy meal, but for a quick pizza dinner I shall not stray from L'Artista again.