“Birthday treat”

Mercure Letchworth Hall
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Letchworth
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay at this hotel and will definately be returning. The rooms were very pleasant. The lounge bar and restaurant had a lovely ambience and the food in the restaurant was faultless... staff very pleasant

• Stayed September 2013
MercLetch, Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Angie

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent departure from the Letchworth Hall Hotel. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your birthday celebrations with us and we hope that we are able to have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We booked the Letchworthhall Hotel to break a journey to Norfolk. We booked B B + Em .We arrived at 3.0pm to be warmly greeted by a lovely lady on reception who was very efficient booking us in, Our stay allowed us a complimentary bottle of Cava which was delivered to our room within minutes of arriving.
The room was very clean and well looked after and very comfortable.
We had a three course evening meal that we could not fault, in a restaurant that was very , very, good, we was looked after by excellent staff
After a comfortable night in a lovely soft bed
We went for breakfast at 09.30. We had the choice of Continental or English (buffet) or both
We were still full from the previous nights meal , which was a shame as we could not do justice to the array of food that was laid out for us to choose from. What we did eat was excellent
Both my partner and I both agree that the Letchworth Hall is a great hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bill H

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent departure from the hotel. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and its amenities and we do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon.

Desford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked this hotel as it was conveniently placed midway between 2 destinations. Booked over the net from Australia and was pleasantly surprised on arrival, even though I got confused by the signs (or lack of) trying to find reception. Booked a dinner bed and breakfast deal as i use Accor hotels a lot and my partner and i wanted a realxing evening. We did however go to the gym first (attached to the hotel and free for guests) which is really well equipped.
Dinner was great and staff very good although they were not knowledgable about the wine list (had to ask if the wine we ordered was red or white.......... it was champagne!) and, on more than one occasion, reached across us to serve food. Also (a pet hate of mine) was that they didn't always serve the lady first so clearly had not been fully trained.
The bed was very comfortable and the room well furnished and quiet and there were good quality amenities in the bathroom.
Breakfast offered a good selection. There is a continental buffet and you can also order from a selection of cooked food.
All in all an enjoyable stay and I would definitely consider staying here again if i was in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pieter B

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent departure from the Letchworth Hall Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you and your partner enjoyed your time with us and were able to make full use of all the amenities that the hotel has to offer.

I also appreciate your feedback regarding our dinner service. Please be assured that we take your comments very seriously, it is important that we grow and learn as a hotel and the only way we can do that is through the observations of our guests.

Once again thank you for yor feedback and I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Letchworth Hall very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Had a Lovely stay at Letchworth Hall , 15-16th sept 2013 , got a good deal on Amazon local . Room was clean comfortable large bed , free wi-fi ,flat screen tv , Tea coffee facilities , iron etc . Bathroom was nice plenty hot water . Reception and all staff very welcoming , had a lovely 3 course meal part of the deal we booked , and breakfast was very nice and plentiful . The only gripe was the price of drinks . Cheapest bottle red wine £32 in restaraunt £36, in the bar or large glass £8.50 /£9.50 . But we would return . The hotel seems to have more business clients than general guests . Location was great 5 min drive to town , plenty restaraunts , cinema etc . We visted woburn safari park about 40 min drive .

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Teresa B

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review following your recent visit to the Letchworth Hall Hotel.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we appreciate you wonderful comments about the foof and the staff.

We do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon and we would suggest that you visit at the weekend when the hotel has more leisure guests rather than the corporate guests.

Brighton , East Sussex
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Let me start on the positives, plenty of free parking, free wifi, clean and comfortable rooms, very nice grounds and nice breakfast. I had a bar meal and was very nice, staff were very good in the bar, professional and polite

Not so positive, the water took at least 10 minutes to get warm and even longer to get hot. I did report this to reception but did not hear anything back. To charge £3.60 for a pint of soda water and lime is scandalous. I often drink this when driving very early in the morning and I can get charged between 50p to £1, in most hotels. I did ask the bar manager if this was correct and was told yes this is the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rhodesiabill

Thank you for taking the time to post such a candid review following your recent visit the Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel.

I was disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy some aspects of your stay and for that I would like to offer my sincerest apologies.

However I am delighted to see that you did enjoy other aspects and I would like to say thank you for your lovely comments regarding our food offerings, the cleanliness of our bedrooms and the staff.

Once again thank you for your review and we do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.

London
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed for one night 25/08/13, no complaints about my room, but left my mobile charger in the room (77) when checked out. Rang same day to ask for it back, was told they would ring me back, rang 3 further times over next couple of days and again always told they would ring back but I never received any telephone calls and I never got my charger back, I call that very poor customer service.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MercLetch, Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Joany

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor following your recent departure from Mercure Letchworth Hall.

Please let me offer my sincerest apologies for the fact that no body has returned your calls. If you contact me directly on l.kearney@mercureletchworth.com, I will be delighted to assist you in the return of your charger as best I can.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Went for my sisters birthday with an Amazon voucher (3 course dinner, bottle of Prosecco, breakfast and night stay), and was super pleased!! the bedroom was gorgeous, super clean, great views overlooking the golf course. The food was amazing, couldn't fault it. Service was great. Everything was brilliant. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Grace Hannah

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay here at the Letchworth Hall Hotel. We were delighted to hear that your sister enjoyed her birthday celebrations with us and helped to play a part in making it special for her.
We do hope that we can welcome you back very soon.

Deputy General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letchworth
Needham House Hotel
The George at Baldock
The George at Baldock
#1 of 4 in Baldock
The Farmhouse at Redcoats

Been to Mercure Letchworth Hall? Share your experiences!