Mercure Letchworth Hall
The Broadway Hotel(Letchworth)
$105
$87
Travelocity
Premier Inn Letchworth Garden City Hotel(Letchworth)(Great Value!)
$60
$41
$93
$57
1,401 results
All reviewsgroupon dealafternoon teahealth centrebottle of proseccoon arrivalhealth clubsuperior roomsandwichesleisure facilitiescourse meallovely hotelsauna and steam roomnice groundswedding receptiongolf coursepleasant stayan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Impressive looking hotel as one approaches the Mercure Letchworth Manor Hall. It has been extended mightily but sympathetically over the years.
Luckily we were in what was undoubtly part of the original house dating back I guess to the 18th or maybe even 17 century. The narrow corridors with sloping floors led us to our room 41 overlooking the lawn and the golf course adjacent. the room was warm and cosy with all the modern conveniences. the bed was very comfortable indeed and the en-suite had all anyone would require. We arrived in the mid afternoon and the lounge was very happily filled with people having afternoon tea. We were seeking exercise rather than sustenance and so headed for the pool and heath spa.
We were in the great hall near the restaurant but headed back through the small reception area following the signs. We were beginning to feel lost when after many corridors and doorways we met one of the chefs who kindly took us through a few corridors and outside to find the spa and pool.
This is an excellent facility. It is a health club but is free for the use of hotel guests. the staff were friendly and helpful.
Come the evening we returned to the Great Hall and were guided by staff to the lounge bar for pre-dinner drinks. This is my one criticism of my stay - the bar prices a little on the steep side for where we were.
Dinner was superb. the dining room is quietly elegant, the staff efficient but the food is fantastic and imaginative. The best meal I have had in a hotel for some time. I would be willing to go there again any time to eat and it was not very expensive at all.
Breakfast next morning showed that the standard of cooking was uniformly excellent. There was slight issue around too many people arriving at the same time and some shortages on the buffet table but that was speedily sorted out.
I mentioned as we were leaving how good the food was and the receptionist said the chef was hoping for another AA rosette - anyone from AA who had the meal we shared on that evening would surely grant them 4 rosettes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Journeyman41
TonyMurdock, General Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear guest,
I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcome you again in the future - we are indeed hoping to get a AA restaurant rosette in the future, but for now the most important thing for us is to make sure our guests are happy with the quality of the food and the service given at all times, but thank you very much for your kind comments,
Regards,

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed on 3rd November on a Groupon Deal, and were pleased to be upgraded to a suite(Lytton) Room 1 a two bed apartment, in the eaves with beams and very quiet. spacious but the decor was a bit dated. The evening meal was very good as was the wine, the breakfast also excellent. Reception and staff very polite. The great hall had a good atmosphere The wifi connection was a bit hit and miss, We were saving out walk through the grounds to see the black squirrels on the morning but unfortunately it was pelting with rain which was a disapointment. Overall a very pleasant stay and worth every penny on the Groupon Deal Would go again without any hesitation

Room Tip: Room 1 The Lytton Suite is 2 bedroomed and not suitable for anyone finding it difficult to climb stairs
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ohdearmeWestmidlands
TonyMurdock, General Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to see you again soon (hopefully with better weather so you can enjoy the grounds!),

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

lovely pork dinner and the biggest profiterols ever for desert- delicious and for breakfast this morning there was plenty of choice including a full english, toast, yoghurts , fruit and cereals. the room was beautiful and had extra room and even a sofa and table- i was in a family room and will def be going back.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Lozenga

Dear guest,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Had afternoon tea and thought it was not up to scratch really we had 4 little finger
sandwiches each with not a lot of filling and were tasteless a clotted cream scone each and a few other tasteless savories, Was seated in restaurant sat up right in chairs and was a little uncomfortable, Has 2 for 1 but in all honestly don`t think it was worth the original price of £32
Would not visit again im afraid.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

I am sorry to read that you felt underwhelmed by the quality of the afternoon tea - the standard offering is the same for every guest and is usually very well received. Also, a little more can always be added on request...
Regarding the seating arrangement, we can be flexible but the afternoon tea is very popular and can be quite busy.
I hope you will consider visiting us again - do not hesitate to contact me personally if you do,

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at the Letchworth Hall every week for around three months with work. I was really sad to have to move my trip elsewhere, rather than a night stuck in a hotel on my own watching tv, I had a lovely evening in the Letchworth Hall relaxing. The swimming pool is really nice, lovely and clean changing areas and never busy. They would usually have lanes up aswell so you can get a good proper swim. The food was also fantastic, I didnt have a bad meal here the entire time, the bar area has a lovely garden area at the back where you can sit out in the summer. The service was excellent too, everyone got to know me and made a real effort. As a regular customer they always made sure I had a nice room that I liked and would upgrade me occasionally too, they really made the effort for me. The rooms themselves varied in size, but they were always clean and to a consistent standard, personally I liked the rooms in the older part of the builder.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Magic_Hands27

Dear guest,

I am absolutely delighted by your vote of confidence.
Our aim is to provide the best possible service to every single guest but to do it in a consistent manner is the greatest achievement so thank you for your very positive comments,