“Run of the mill”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Food cool almost cold but would have been tasty. Quiz boring and overlong. Won't bother again.not a place for special occasion,people sitting around in vest type t shirts..gross.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This isn't somewhere I would normally choose, but went there with a work party for dinner and the food was pretty good, and very reasonably priced. We had a great evening. Not for a romantic dinner though!

1  Thank HertsJenny
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was the second visit to this Hungry Horse, first time was last month... On both occassions the staff have been friendly, attentive and welcoming. Our meal.. "The Full Monty" was cooked perfectly, good presentation and a lovely Hot meal.
In talking with the staff, I understand this venue had a change of management in December 2012, along with 2 new chefs... Which might explain the previous poor reviews. I am now looking at arranging a group booking for a Sunday lunch there. I looked up reviews to check its status, and was quite shocked at its poor reviews... I would say that if you haven't been here recently, then give it another try... It truely is all you would want from a good English pub meal.. Light background music, a warm welcome, good hot food - just as the menu offers, and a really friendly atmosphere!
10/10 for both our visits... We are making this our regular HH.
Minniewinny.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went in with my wife sunday afternoon for a few drinks. Ha ha , we wish. . . Stood in public bar for 10mins. . No sign of any staff behind bar. We watched through the window into the restaurant and there was 4 people queing at food till. . 1 person serving these people. That was it. . .. 2 bars, restaurant and public bar. 1 barmaid. Waited 10mins. Nobody even looked our way. . We left and went to the gardeners arms and got our bottle of wine within 60seconds of going to bar. Guess what they had staff behind the bar. Not rocket science is it.. Poor, plain and simple. You didnt want my money, fine, i spent it elsewere. . .

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ive been here many many times with my children but I am afraid that 60% of the times I have been the food has been undercooked in some way. Service is pretty good and with a smile but would be nice if they offerred some sort of compensation for having to take the meal away to re cook i.e refund or free desert of drink for having to wait again. nice big garden in the summer with bouncy castle and play area and good music from speakers. Toilet doors are extremely close together and heavy so not easy for anyone let alone children or the elderly.