“Work Party”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This isn't somewhere I would normally choose, but went there with a work party for dinner and the food was pretty good, and very reasonably priced. We had a great evening. Not for a romantic dinner though!

1  Thank HertsJenny

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was the second visit to this Hungry Horse, first time was last month... On both occassions the staff have been friendly, attentive and welcoming. Our meal.. "The Full Monty" was cooked perfectly, good presentation and a lovely Hot meal.
In talking with the staff, I understand this venue had a change of management in December 2012, along with 2 new chefs... Which might explain the previous poor reviews. I am now looking at arranging a group booking for a Sunday lunch there. I looked up reviews to check its status, and was quite shocked at its poor reviews... I would say that if you haven't been here recently, then give it another try... It truely is all you would want from a good English pub meal.. Light background music, a warm welcome, good hot food - just as the menu offers, and a really friendly atmosphere!
10/10 for both our visits... We are making this our regular HH.
Minniewinny.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went in with my wife sunday afternoon for a few drinks. Ha ha , we wish. . . Stood in public bar for 10mins. . No sign of any staff behind bar. We watched through the window into the restaurant and there was 4 people queing at food till. . 1 person serving these people. That was it. . .. 2 bars, restaurant and public bar. 1 barmaid. Waited 10mins. Nobody even looked our way. . We left and went to the gardeners arms and got our bottle of wine within 60seconds of going to bar. Guess what they had staff behind the bar. Not rocket science is it.. Poor, plain and simple. You didnt want my money, fine, i spent it elsewere. . .

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ive been here many many times with my children but I am afraid that 60% of the times I have been the food has been undercooked in some way. Service is pretty good and with a smile but would be nice if they offerred some sort of compensation for having to take the meal away to re cook i.e refund or free desert of drink for having to wait again. nice big garden in the summer with bouncy castle and play area and good music from speakers. Toilet doors are extremely close together and heavy so not easy for anyone let alone children or the elderly.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have been here a few times. Food has always been average, though the service is good and the staff are polite and friendly. However, popped in today for lunch and was served the most vile Tuna I have ever experienced. I have had this dish a few times and it has usually been 'OK'. But today......... I was told they were out of Jacket Potatoes and would it be OK with chips. I was OK with this but when it arrived it was just that.... Blackened Tuna and chips...... no salad... nothing. I asked for peas which were brought straight away. The Tuna smelled very, very fishy, which fresh Tuna shouldn't. It looked like cardboard, and when I cut it to it, was like rubber. The taste........ (oh my god).... was DISGUSTING. It tasted like some sort of chemical had been sprinkling onto it. I immediately spat it out and called the Waitress over, telling her I couldn't possibly eat this. She asked if I'd like something else, but I declined. I wouldn't want those muppets in the kitchen to serve me something else after I'd just complained (If you know what I mean). The staff were understandable and reimbursed us, but it will be my last visit. I had this horrible taste in my mouth for the next hour. This place needs to decline so that they do something about it, so please, don't go there until they hire someone who can cook.