“Can still taste the horror”
Review of Two Chimneys

Two Chimneys
Ranked #46 of 58 Restaurants in Letchworth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have been here a few times. Food has always been average, though the service is good and the staff are polite and friendly. However, popped in today for lunch and was served the most vile Tuna I have ever experienced. I have had this dish a few times and it has usually been 'OK'. But today......... I was told they were out of Jacket Potatoes and would it be OK with chips. I was OK with this but when it arrived it was just that.... Blackened Tuna and chips...... no salad... nothing. I asked for peas which were brought straight away. The Tuna smelled very, very fishy, which fresh Tuna shouldn't. It looked like cardboard, and when I cut it to it, was like rubber. The taste........ (oh my god).... was DISGUSTING. It tasted like some sort of chemical had been sprinkling onto it. I immediately spat it out and called the Waitress over, telling her I couldn't possibly eat this. She asked if I'd like something else, but I declined. I wouldn't want those muppets in the kitchen to serve me something else after I'd just complained (If you know what I mean). The staff were understandable and reimbursed us, but it will be my last visit. I had this horrible taste in my mouth for the next hour. This place needs to decline so that they do something about it, so please, don't go there until they hire someone who can cook.

There are newer reviews for Two Chimneys

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The best thing about this place is the choice of menu. It is a Hungry Horse so you know the food wil be good. This place gets really busy during the summer months and at weekends, so if you dont mind young kids running about then this is the place to eat. Great food, great value what more could you want.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Our party were booked for 8pm and we had all pre-selected our food a week previous.
The first of the main courses arrived at 09:40. I finally got my main course at 10pm!
The brussel sprouts were rock solid, the parsnips burned, my cauliflower cheese tart was soaked in beef gravy (lucky I'm no vegetarian, although it tasted disgusting!) Some people were missing items on their plates.
The staff were very unhelpful, completely inattentive, and didn't apologise or try to put things right at all.
I paid my £9.99 and left before dessert was served because I was exhausted. Apparently dessert was served just after 11pm...again pre-prdered, but they had run out of some items. Again, not even an apology.
So a revolting main course, which took 2 hours to arrive even though it had been pre-ordered for 8pm, for £9.99...what a waste!
The bar staff member was rude and unhelpful, and he opened my J2O without shaking the bottle first, which meant that it wasn't mixed properly (basic bar skills knowledge).
The only saving feature was that the toilets were clean.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

we waited wot seems like for ever n ever. the food waznt that great. the service ,not to bad.could be better.kids running around like nutters. no one seems to say anyfink.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great food. Very reasonably priced. Normal Service in a pub really. Not very posh though only run of the mill stuff.