“Embarrassingly bad!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Our party were booked for 8pm and we had all pre-selected our food a week previous.
The first of the main courses arrived at 09:40. I finally got my main course at 10pm!
The brussel sprouts were rock solid, the parsnips burned, my cauliflower cheese tart was soaked in beef gravy (lucky I'm no vegetarian, although it tasted disgusting!) Some people were missing items on their plates.
The staff were very unhelpful, completely inattentive, and didn't apologise or try to put things right at all.
I paid my £9.99 and left before dessert was served because I was exhausted. Apparently dessert was served just after 11pm...again pre-prdered, but they had run out of some items. Again, not even an apology.
So a revolting main course, which took 2 hours to arrive even though it had been pre-ordered for 8pm, for £9.99...what a waste!
The bar staff member was rude and unhelpful, and he opened my J2O without shaking the bottle first, which meant that it wasn't mixed properly (basic bar skills knowledge).
The only saving feature was that the toilets were clean.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

we waited wot seems like for ever n ever. the food waznt that great. the service ,not to bad.could be better.kids running around like nutters. no one seems to say anyfink.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great food. Very reasonably priced. Normal Service in a pub really. Not very posh though only run of the mill stuff.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Read all the review about the place, but decided to go and make up my own mind and I'm glad I did. Took my little ones and we had a gret time, the staff were really friendly, making a fuss of my 2 children, with balloons and colouring packs, the horse even made an appearance. The food was delicious And good value for money as the kids ate for £1.
I would definitely say go and make up your own mind about the place

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We take friends there when they visit us. Good basic food at reasonable price. It is only a short distance from where we live. The beer is always very good and improvements appear to be ongoing.