“Don't waste your money OR your time !!”
Review of The Dragon King

The Dragon King
Ranked #23 of 58 Restaurants in Letchworth
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My friend and I went for a meal here for my Birthday on the 6th August, were both vegetarians and as it's a buffet style you would expect them to cater for us veggies, BUT NO, they didn't have anything substantial, my friend had politely said to one of the staff ' were going to eat somewhere else so we'll just finish our drinks' with that a guy came over straight away and said ' are you going to pay for your drinks now' !! which I did I then said you have nothing for vegetarians and with that he replied well there's 'soup vegetables and rice' so I pointed out that contrary to belief we don't live on rice and vegetables and he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away with a smirk on his face, and we were just given dirty looks after that !! and at £11,99 per head that's just a joke !! I,d expect to get fed rice and veg working in a paddy field NOT in a Chinese restaurant !! and the 2 staff we encountered were rude and arrogant and couldn't give a toss, and that's being polite !!

If you read any ones review and it's been given a bad one then believe it !!!

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was kept hot and topped up but they defo do the salty food more drinks trick. Some dishes were bland, it peaked a few year s ago. We went up to pay and they darted to our side to prevent us from leaving. Employ bouncers if you want that attitude, but overall a good experience just expect worse and it'd be great!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

A good not bad place to eat i went for dinner upon arriving at the restaurant I was greeted by nice staff that led us to our table. Nice table in a attractive restaurant .Now when it came to food the Peking duck was absolutely delicious but some of the food I found a little too sweet for my taste. Some tasted very good some not so much so the food is hit and miss. The pudding is also hit and miss some good some bad. Not the best all you can eat restaurant I have ever been too but enjoyable.

1  Thank Eggyteapot
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have been to this Chinese a few times for both the buffet and takeaway service. I tried the buffet a few times to give it a fair go, as everyone can have off days, but unfortunately I found the food to be of low quality and of tepid temperature. Recently used the takeaway service in hope of better, only to find the staff pushy and inpatient to take your order so that they can get back to the customers in the buffet area. Due to this they got our order wrong and unfortunately this did not come to light until we got home. When I telephoned the restaurant they did not seem bothered about the rice which was missing and just kept repeating that the other missing item had not been charged for (even though they read the order back to me at the time - they do not give you a receipt for your order/payment - another annoyance as you cannot prove what has been paid for and what has not) when I asked them if they could then deliver the missing items they informed me that they could not, so the other £30 worth of food had to been left at home to go cold (you cant put plastic containers in the oven) whilst we drove all the way back down to pick up the items - would not use again.

1  Thank vixxielala
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We moved to Letchworth nearly 2 years ago and decided we would give it a try after being told about it by so many people.

Really pleasantly surprised, staff are extremely friendly and helpful, food was always hot and a good variety, not everything available from the website menu but hardly expected the whole lot, weve realised they chop and change the menus around so its not samey.

What we had was very tasty, the drinks were normal pub prices and served quickly. The waiting staff take the plates when you finish as you use a fresh plate each time you go to the food, and I would prefer this instead of having to use the same plate for everything!

theres no parking but always somewhere close by to leave the car. Recommend this place and will keep going back.