“would not even think of taking my dog there”

The Three Horseshoes Inn Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 59 Restaurants in Letchworth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had to wait 30 min to be ask if we wanted to see the menu and when it can the girl threw it onto the table. Then we ask to the waitress if we could order drink's she took the order and when off. In the mean time we order are food. about 20 min when by and still no drinks. Then I ask the bar man if he new when are drink would be with use to which (I got told they will be with you soon.) well soon turn into another 20min wait. Then the drink came my coke was warm and my wife white wine was to. after 1.5hours are food came. We had be wait a long time for so I was really looking forward to it. Only to find the food was cold and under cook. and my wife chicken was still pink in the middle. I told then not to bother and ask to speak to the land lord only to find he is rude and try to be little you. He said that they must be having a off day in the kitchen and that if we didn't like it we should go somewhere ells. I no the pub has change hand and it is such a shame the buzz and gone out off the place. I ask for the bill only to find I had to main meal on it that we didn't not even eat. I ask could they be taken off the bill. I got told no by the new land lord. with that I left the money for the drink on the side and walk out of the pub. I will not go back there until the hand change. no impressed.

3  Thank tom2345678j
Hoopjohn102, Owner at The Three Horseshoes Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Hi there, I'm the new owner of The Three Horseshoes in Norton. I appreciate all feedback so as we can continue to offer all our customers an even better service. Trip Adviser is a fantastic way of hearing both when we've done well and areas where we need to improve. We are a local pub serving the local community and employ local people.
Sometimes comments are made on line that are simply untrue and really do require a response.

I have been at The Three Horseshoes for just over three months and have never had a customer wait an hour and a half for food in that time. Of course on bank holidays and Sundays customers may have to wait a little longer as with most pubs and restaurants. Our food is prepared freshly and naturally this takes a little longer. I have never told you or any other customer to eat elsewhere and I could not have possibly been rude to you simply because I have never met you! You have never spoken to me which makes me suspicious about your entire posting.
Please feel free to call me on 01462 473050 should you wish to discuss this further. John

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Visited here with family on bank holiday weekend. Lovely building and staff very friendly indeed. Food was nice but waited over an hour for our meal. To be fair we got the impression there were some issues in the kitchen and the staff were absolutely lovely so will most likey go back and give it another go.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

My partner and I ate at The Three Horseshoes last night, the first time we have eaten there and we did so in part because we wanted to "try" the food, having booked The Stables for our wedding reception next year. After an initial mix up about where we were sitting and which was quickly resolved as a "cosy" table had in fact been reserved for us, the whole experience was very good. Although the restaurant seemed quite busy, the staff were attentive and friendly and there was no delay in our orders being taken nor the food arriving. I had the burger, something I will often have at a restaurant as I very rarely buy beef for cooking at home and it was cooked to perfection, as I had asked. Also, the quality of the beef was good. My partner had the scampi and he said that it was also cooked to perfection. The meals were well presented, large portions, everything was hot and arrived together and overall it was a very pleasant eating experience. Mish, Arlesey

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I visit the Three Horseshoes regularly, but enjoyed my last meal there so much that I thought it was worth a review.
Good quality, freshly prepared food, from an updated menu...all served with a fantastic selection beers and wines.
I have always found the service to be exceptional in the Shoes. The staff are friendly, polite and welcoming-but more than that, willing to go the extra mile to make sure you enjoy your experience in their pub.
A beautiful, traditional building, with a lovely pub garden in a gorgeous location; I happily recommend this pub to anyone in the area. Also, excellent live music events.....in fact....can't wait for tomorrow (25th May) Blocks and blues soul sensations! Last time they played there was a brilliant night.
Well done to The Three Horseshoes...the transition to new management has certainly been a success!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My family and I are regular diners at the Three Horse Shoes and we've only recently been able to check out the new menu. I've got to say, it's perfect. I had the smoked haddock on creamy chive mash and it was absolutely Devine. The service was prompt and the waitresses catered to our every need. We were regularly topped up on drinks and they were incredibly polite and happy to serve us and the tables around as us per usual. The desserts looked lovely and there was a large variety but the portions were so big we didn't have enough room. Not to worry though, we'll be back to try them soon. I would reccomend this establishment to any of my friends or family and anyone who enjoys great food, drink and service. Perfect!