“Disappointing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We booked in the week to dine at this restaurant on Mother's Day (10/03/2013). We could only get a table for 5.30pm, which was ok. My husband and I, my mother in law and two young children were seated but after ordering at about 5.45pm, we were not served until nearly 7.00pm. They didn't have any children's menus and instead offered to cook my son (2 years old), a smaller portion of the menu. I asked for plain chicken and ended up getting chicken in breadcrumbs for my son. My husband ordered the duck with roast dinner, however his roast potatoes were no more that boiled potatoes rolled in fat! I ordered the lamb rump, which was really tough. My mother in law was eating Rennies after finishing her meal of lamb shank!
When we got the bill (not the cheapest place), we had been charged for items we did not order, and when asked by staff if we enjoyed our meal, my husband began to explain the problems and was given the response, "oh sorry you didn't enjoy your meal". That was it!
We were the last in the restaurant as it was closing around us at only about 9.00pm? Felt a bit uncomfortable. This restaurant was obviously expecting to be busy on Mother's Day but didn't cater accordingly, the staff need training with their customer service skills and don't book in the evening if you don't want to feel ushered out by the time you are eating your desserts!

• Visited March 2013

“We have regular meals here”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have regular meals here & usually are very pleased with the generous portions & quality. We decided to celebrate my birthday here on Sunday afternoon, but was very disappointed with the lack of service, it took an hour to get our first drinks! We had to continue to chase staff for service throughout the afternoon. We enjoy the surroundings & food they just need to give employ more staff and give them a kick up the back side, we would of drunk a lot more if they asked!

• Visited March 2013
norfolk
“Lovely Place to Wine and Dine”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I absolutely loved everything about this place! It was so welcoming had a lovely atmosphere the food was good and well presented. I just wish I lived nearer so I could visit here more often!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Pears700
Letchworth
“Never had a bad meal!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We've been visiting for 6 years now and have never had a bad meal. The food is not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for in quality and portion size. They're great with kids, the waitresses are friendly and we've always found it clean. I'd recommend booking at busy times.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank mona-stu
Hertfordshire, England
“Good food and family friendly”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have eaten here several times with family and friends although only at lunch time, and the food has always been excellent. On one occasion we organized a booking for a large walking group for a Sunday lunch and it was just as delicious. Large open plan pub who welcome families too. They provide high chairs for children and always make a fuss of the little ones. No airs and graces just honest good quality, freshly prepared food. I have no hesitation in recommending and will return soon.

• Visited December 2012