“Could be so much better!”
Review of Thai Garden - CLOSED

Thai Garden
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Newly opened. Established in November 2010.
Reviewed November 8, 2014 via mobile

All the starters seem to be brought in from Bake brothers or cash and carry - it would be so much nicer if they were even hand made and then frozen as the chef can cook as the green and red curries are really quite good... However the jungle curry was very watery and basic and I've had so much better in other London Thai restaurants. Service was quick and attentive but the drinks were flat. Such a shame!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We would highly recommend this restaurant. The food is delicious and value for money. We haven't eaten in but can say their takeaway service is very efficient and organized. We haven't had a mistake to date. We highly recommend the red Thai curry!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Tucked away around the corner from the cinema, so I guess it isn't prone to passing trade, which is a shame because I seriously think this is one of the best Thai restaurants I have been to. Before discovering this restaurant, I always used to stick to the red or yellow curries, but their range of stir-fries are such a different flavour to the usual Chinese stir fries. I've never had a bad dish here and I've been at least 10 times. Service from the owner wasn't super-friendly when we first visited, as observed by other reviewers, but I've been enough times now and the owner always greets us very warmly. The food is fantastic, so I don't understand the bad reviews. This is my favourite local restaurant in Letchworth.

1  Thank CYL999
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Much like the review below, I found my visit to the Thai Garden very strange. The food was very enjoyable but it was almost as if they didn't want the world to know they were open. There were no issues at all apart from really rather uncomfortable due to this!

1  Thank Tomby1
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Well Supper last night here was bizarre. All the lights in the bar were out and the restaurant lighting was very low. All tables by the windows were 'Reserved' (although nobody sat there all night) The door was locked and supervised by a member of staff. It felt a bit like we were eating in a clandestine speakeasy! The food was, as usual, good but something was definitely going on.... Almost as if they shouldn't be trading but were?...............

1  Thank Ingarfield