“Black Tie Dinner”

Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Leominster
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Black Tie Dinner”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The annual Herefordshire Society annual dinner was held at Hampton Court Castle in November this year and was a great success with 70 guests enjoying a sparkiling wine reception in the Library and then a beautiful 3 course Dinner in the Ballroom. The food was excellent and service was very good with coffee and petit foux enjoyed during the speeches. The setiing could not be bettered. We will certainly be returning next year and would strongly recommend this setting for a formal Dinner.

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Ipswich, Australia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Hampton Court Travel Deal”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We visited Hampton Court with two adults and two children. By travelling on British Rail we were given a two for one deal so the children had free entry into Hampton Court, the maze and the gardens.

We used the family tour on the free audio guides but it did not have a lot of information. Perhaps better for younger children? I would recommend one of the other guided tours.

A note of warning - it all closes at 4.30 pm in winter.

Visited November 2013
Brit Abroad
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Good for an outing”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

There were lots of different areas to stroll around in the gardens, which was very enjoyable. The castle setting is very grand too. The cafe was impressive although the service was a little slow. Overall a nice place for an afternoon outing.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank puddleduck1979
Leominster, United Kingdom
141 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Castle and gardens”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have visited this several times. Twice, I have had a guided tour of the Castle. Guides very knowledgeable, and it was interesting, but agree that the interiors are quite bare, and a lot of the furnishings look as though they have come from a film set, rather than be handed down through generations. Having said that, the tour is worth doing, especially if this is your first visit. I love the gardens, and of course children love the maze and going up into the building in the middle. A visit under the tunnel is a must, and the waterfall is really lovely. Some of the garden structures quite amazing, best to visit from Spring to Autumn. Look out for special events, there may be something of interest to you, that would make the visit even more enjoyable.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank GillH007_12
norfolk
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“What a gem!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I had a very enjoyable three hours here and could easily have stayed longer Yes, the gardens are past the best, but the weather was good and I had a great time walking round. Its a pity I forgot my torch so didn't go in the tunnel, which is a shame, but a young family I was talking to said it was very dark in there, which it was, and because I was on my own I decided against it, so I would advise taking one. Going down the steps and seeing the sunk garden and waterfall was my favourite bit, it is beautiful, and photos don't do it justice.
I did the Castle tour, which was around forty minutes, it was really interesting, and the cellars decorated out for Halloween were great fun, I didn't have time to get anything to eat, but got some things from the gift shop, which is worth going in.
For myself, I never have a problem with prices at these places. You can spend so much time there I reckon they are always value for money. This is one not to be missed.

Visited October 2013