At check-in I was requested to pay before being shown to my room. After six hours plus driving, I was looking forward to a restful night ahead of an interview in Hereford the next day but . . . it was not to be. Unfortunately I was offered a room that isn't sound-proofed. There was constant passing traffic noise of racing cars and motorbikes, until the small hours beginning again at 5am. Friday night hosted passing groups of chanting lads and clip-clopping lassies begging to be let in lock-ins - obvously out for a good night, I understand. The single glazing allows you to share the outside world's goings on whether you wanted it or not. I had asked the Manager to be moved but he said there was no other available, OK, I said. There were stale tea-bags, sawdust in the drawers, no TV, no hairdryer, no showerhead, one unlined bin, a plug-in radiator,and the flimsy duvet would slip out of the unbuttonable cover. There was definate uncleanliness and neglect overall. The heating and warmth was good. The chap who showed me to my room was nice enough. Needless to say, I won't be returning there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak in Leominster, "The Town in the Marches", is located in the heart of the beautiful border countryside, where England and Wales nudge each other back and forth along Offa's Dyke. In October 2011 under our new management a new lease of life has been breathed into the decor, atmosphere and service. This Historic coaching inn is enjoying a new lease of life under new management. We have retained the olde worlde charm, and woven in new services and standards to make the Royal Oak the place to visit. The Royal Oak began life in the 1700's as a coaching inn as a welcome stop on the long journey from London to Wales. It now wears many different 'hats' comfortable hotel, cozy bar and inviting atmosphere, good selection of fresh food available on our lite bites menu, available every day. The atmosphere is even better at weekends with live acts or DJs on, and not forgetting every day is happy hour between 5pm-7pm, 50p off all pints! Click out What's On tab for more infor or join us on Facebook; Royal Oak Leominster. The hotel is a great base for exploring Leominster and the local area. Sunday Carvery £7.95 for 1 course, All you can eat on vegetables available, 2 courses - £8.45, 3 courses - £9.45 Children Under 10 - £3.95. Delicious alternatives for Vegetarians Every Sunday 12.30pm - 3.30pm. Hotel Rooms: We have 11 bedrooms available, offering a mixture of single and doubles and family rooms spread across two floors that can accommodate up to 38 guests. All of our tariffs are on a room only basis. Prices £25 for a single en-suite room (cheaper than a taxi home!), £45 double en-suite room, £45 twin en-suite room, £55 Family room sleeps 3 guests, £65 Family room sleeps 4 guests, £75 Family room sleeps 5 guests, £85 Family room sleeps 6 guests, £100 Family rooms, 2 rooms sleep 4 guests each, share a bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your The Royal Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Leominster
- Royal Oak Leominster
- Royal Oak Hotel Leominster
- The Royal Oak Leominster, United Kingdom