“Great pit stop”

OK Diner
Ranked #28 of 52 Restaurants in Leominster
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cape Canaveral, Florida
“Great pit stop”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We always stop at the OK on our trips to mid Wales as its roughly the halfway point on our road trips. We have found the food to be very good and freshly prepared in the open, American Diner style kitchen. The OK is also great for a quick stop. You can get a takeaway tea or coffee for a quid, use the toilets and be on your way..! There is a set of picnic tables in the garden for eating outside if its sunny or if you have the dog with you. They are biker friendly and it's be perfect for a stop before heading to georgeous welsh roads beyond (if you are heading from The Midlands like us)...! The only thing I've noticed is that some of the staff seem to get very stressed when the place is busy. God forbid you try to take a table without waiting to be seated..! You're asking for trouble and a telling off..!

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Just Great for fast food on the move”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great menu generally much better than the competition with proper burgers, tasty fresh made food and friendly staff, I have been to a few of these and they only seem to vary between very good and excellent!, Yes its a bit dearer than some fast food joints but the quality if hugely better than the big brands. Well done guys!

• Visited February 2013
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
“Slice of Americana!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

On the way to Ludlow and decided to give it a go. Glad we did. The burgers were fab and the fries delicious. Friendly staff and good quick service. Would definitely go back

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Get our motor running, head out on the highway”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Sunny Sunday afternoon drive out found us in Leominster outside the OK Diner, a retro Americana diner in decor only. Really the menu is poor imitation of a 1980s Little Chef. Burgers & H'Dogs & Milkshakes conveniently placed for family's going to and from the Welsh borders. Waitressing standards are straight out of the "I'm doing this until something better paid comes along" school. Greetings are perfunctory and staff dress code is way South of smart casual. I mean slobbing around the house casual. The kitchen is open plan grill so you'd better like the smell. I ordered bagel with cream cheese and salmon, my wife had a stack of 3 pancakes. Our drinks order came and my Americano had been translated into Expresso but fair comment she exchanged it pronto with no fuss. Short wait and the food arrived. Pancakes were filling with butter & maple syrup which my wife said was very tasty. My bagel came with a thin layer of C/Cheese far less than I'd put on myself which struck me as an odd thing to do, like sending out toast already buttered? The salmon was just two pieces straight out the wrapper. I take it the chef skipped the week the 'food presentation course' was run at Culinary College. Have to say the filter coffee was very tasty, had a nice nutty tang to it so had a refill. All in the damage was £13 for two. Not bad. Overall cheap and just about cheerful but American Graffiti it ain't.

London
“Wake up and smell the coffee!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Location is good, always looks busy, I've passed by many times but finally gave it a try. Wish we hadn't bothered. The staff seemed comatose and it took 20 minutes to place our order and a further 20 minutes for it to arrive. My daughter liked her milk shake but that is where the positives end. Burgers done to death – rock hard on the outside, mushrooms swimming in oil and bacon cold. No “is your meal OK” from the somnambulant waitress until she finally presented the bill and when I told her it was very indifferent not a word by way of response. The place certainly looks the part of an American diner but that is as far as it goes. The trouble is that so long as passing customers keep coming through the doors they have no incentive to improve.

• Visited February 2013