“WEDFEST - WEDDING”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Leominster
Ripon, United Kingdom
“WEDFEST - WEDDING”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Brilliant Hotel, great Reception Staff. Would recommend this to everyone. Being a town centre hotel, it is a bit rowdy in the bar area, and too many people smoking outside, but for our needs it was perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

4 Thank 451DonG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Formby, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here on our way to the Wye Valley and wanted to see Leominster. The hotel was in the centre of the town and very noisy at night. The staff were welcoming and helpful. The room was clean but tired - the hotel was old so there was no lift and we had two flights of stairs to negotiate with our cases. Originally, we were being charged £87 for a room only which we felt was unreasonable, so we go breakfast included which seemed fairer. We had an evening meal - 3 courses for £17.50 which also seemed reasonable, but we were surprised to find that tax was added to this. I felt this was underhand, although I'm sure it was written somewhere in small print. We also paid tax on the drinks we ordered. I don't think we had value for money here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Marcia T

Travelers are raving about these Leominster hotels

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We arrived weary from long journey to find car park full. The receptionist told us locals are a bit naughty and park there.. We could walk through co op car park and use local doctors parking round corner...?! So hotel - why not do something! A voucher and/or clamp system is so easy. Locals don't stay at the hotel and pay - returning guests will.

We read hotel can get some road noise however it does not say about clubs turning out between 2 and 3 in morning and constant chanting, swearing and just bellowing. The windows are not double glazed and noise kept us awake. Again, do something, just show you've tried - maybe secondary glazing. Anything to try and provide what guests pay for - a nights comfortable sleep.......

There was a door into our bathroom from hallway in addition to a room door. Obviously previously communal bathroom but it made us feel vulnerable as my daughter and I were travelling alone. It's unsightly and offers no security.. Should do something.

We had a meal in the bar and as the waitress put my plate down the chips fell off over me and on floor which she ignored, didn't apologise, and even though I just smiled, honest......, she then told me it was my fault for moving my keys and walked off...... Ok I'll do something... I'll pick up the chips!

To the lady cleaner in the hall who followed my daughter and i in the morning and watched us struggle down the stairs and open various doors with cases and bags.... You did say don't rush you had plenty of time.... So do something.... Help with our bags or at least hold the doors open!!

Finally, to the receptionist who checked us out.... Do something...anything.... Ask a question, smile, ask if our stay was ok, tell me you've slapped my invoice on the reception. .....

Ok I'm ranting - I realise the economy is tricky and I like supporting small business but this just makes me cross. You need to show you're at least trying. Oh, and if you want to do something else, might want to vacuum and dust under dressing tables to remove mounds of dust.

One good point - breakfast. The restaurant was so different to rest of hotel and food selection was good. Cooked breakfast was lovely but to the chip throwing waitress.. If a guest asks for a well done fried egg please serve a well done egg.... How hard can it be...?! Never had to return a fried egg before...... Got to smile.....

Just wish we had stayed in a premier inn as we did night before as they would have refunded us if we had our sleep disturbed...!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Sue B
Midlands
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Most Best Western hotels I've stayed in are based upon old historical buildings and this is no mistake, the entire décor reminiscent of an antiquated stately home - wooden-panelled walls, brass fittings, heavily-patterned curtains and slightly uneven floors.

Access is from a main road that offers good visibility up and down the street - I had no issues but owners of large vehicles may find navigating the snake entrance into the car park around the back could be a bit tight if vehicles are improperly parked. The car park itself is somewhat small (10-15 cars or so) but opens out to a larger supermarket car park - I'm not sure if that can be used as an overspill.

Check-in worked fine, nice friendly service at reception who had all my details pre-arranged. Unlike other hotels you're not required to pay up front - there's certainly a trusting element here! The room appeared well-worn with older fittings but that's all in keeping with the overall feel of the place. I found it a bit draughty from the single-paned windows but kept warm from the classically-huge radiator on the wall.

I ate down in the bar both nights, which was cosy, quiet and tranquil: the TV is over to a separate room to the side so it doesn't disturb occupants of the other two rooms, many of which sat relaxing, reading books or using wireless equipment (WiFi worked fine there). Although drinks and meals are ordered up at the bar they're brought to your table - I found the service pleasant and unrushed, the meals tasty and sufficient for my needs.

Warm pleasant stay, will definitely return.

Room Tip: Front rooms could be noisy as they pick up car park/street noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PreacherKane
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Ideally located for visiting local National Trust properties. Situated in the centre of a small pleasant town with character. There was free hotel parking, and the room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was old but charming and the staff were very obliging. Breakfast was good and large.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 649Brian
Carmarthenshire
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Very old charming Hotel with lots of ambience. Very comfortable and clean and warm. The first evening we ate in the dinning room and had an excellent meal, following evening we opt for a Bar snack which again excellent. The Breakfast was huge and a good variety, the staff friendly and obliging. On the last evening we did encounter a problem with the hot water but it was soon sorted. We booked room 23 and we were very satisfied. If you like staying at old character Hotels you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 23 at the back the Hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leominster
Travelodge Ludlow Hotel
Overton Grange Country Hotel
The Cliffe at Dinham
The Cliffe at Dinham
#3 of 8 in Ludlow

Been to Talbot Hotel? Share your experiences!