“Best scones for miles around!”

The Garden Tea Room & Delicatessen
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A stone house overlooking the church green with a lovely vintage atmosphere. Home of Scrummy Bites contemporary catering. Delicious light lunches handmade using local produce. Naughty cakes, award winning scones and exotic desserts. Gluten & dairy free options available. Regular supper club for members. Outside patio and garden seating and log fire on cold days. Friendly welcome. Dogs welcome in the garden.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a treasure of a place with a lovely warm atmosphere - complete with log fire when occasion demands - and a wonderfully 'retro' feel.
Excellent coffee and, most importantly, the best scones (as in 'cream tea') for miles around. The window seat is definitely worth nabbing if it's free!

1  Thank Adam W

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was in Hereford having the car serviced and decided that a trip out for a bit of shopping and lunch was on the cards. I looked at Leominster and this little place popped up as number 1 on trip advisor, so I thought I would take a punt. We ordered a Panini (Ham, Brie and Caramelised onions) which tasted fantastic, it also came with a small salad which tasted wonderful, beetroot and pomegranate. To drink I had a couple of glasses of Ribena and a hot chocolate with the trimmings all very nice. For desert there was a nice selection of home made cakes, tortes, flapjacks e.t.c. I opted for the Lemon drizzle cake which was very nice. There was a roaring fire in the main room (lounge area). If it was a warmer day there looked like seating outside to enjoy lunch outside. Service was excellent all very friendly and left you in peace to eat and enjoy the tranquil peace and quiet. I will bring my folks back here the next time I am in the area as my sister and I enjoyed it so much.

2  Thank Alastair36
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stumbled across this quaint little place on route to wales... we had previously joked about knocking on someones door and asking for a spot of lunch, when we spotted the garden tea room. We were greeted by a friendly lady who lead us into her dinning room where we were met with tea and saucers laid out beautifully and two arm chairs in front of an open fire. We immediately felt at home. The food was tasty, although slightly on the pricey side, but we were happy to pay for the overall experience. Beautiful landscape and country views.

1  Thank hayley k
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I needed cheering up so my lovely husband took me here for a light lunch. Duck terrine was first-rate. It was the second time I'd been and the standard was just as high on both occasions. The only thing that could have been even better was the peppermint tea - leaf tea rather than a teabag would have been even nicer. But that's just a quibble.

2  Thank Susan R
Reviewed March 12, 2014

What a lovely surprise this little gem turned out to be

Lovely homemade cake and great coffee, all in a wonderful setting of a lovely village, and a stunning house

Would thoroughly recommend this place

2  Thank Mark S