“Beautifully kept 17th century house offering lovely accommodation”
Review of Copper Hall

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leominster
Copper Hall
Ranked #9 of 13 Leominster B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Beautifully kept 17th century house offering lovely accommodation”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

The accommodation is situated just a 3-4 minutes stroll from the centre of Leominster and has plenty of off road parking spaces.
I was met by the proprietors, Christine and Stuart who were most welcoming and advised me on the best pubs and restaurants in Leominster and their locations.
The property is an absolutely beautiful 17th century house complete with original beams and plenty of character to every room, with a large, well kept, walled garden bursting with colour at the time of my visit.
I was a single business traveller but was given a twin room and only charged a very resonable rate. The room itself was on the first floor and had a good sized, clean bathroom with shower which was powerful. Toiletries were supplied along with the usual set of towels.
The bedroom was nicely decorated, very large and clean and had bay windows on two sides of it. There was plenty of hanging space in the large wardrobe and there was also a large chest of drawers.There was a well stocked tea and coffee tray along with biscuits and bottled water. A neat, unobtrusive, flat screen television was in the corner.
The beds were very comfortable and I had a good nights sleep.
I was asked what time I would like breakfast and I had this in the beautiful breakfast room overlooking the garden through the large patio doors. Breakfast was a full English and was well presented, hot and tasty. I could also choose to have cereal, fruit juice and toast along with tea and coffee.
All in all I would say that Copper Hall represented excellent value for money and a good base for exploring the surrounding area.
Christine and Stuart could not do enough for me and I would not hesitate in recommending this bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: Book direct
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2011

After booking Copper Hall, some new reviews appeared on Trip Advisor that made me want to cancel the booking. However, the place was clean, comfortable and good value. The facilities were a step above most B&Bs- nice thick towels, complimentary shampoo, comditioner and mineral water. We had three rooms all of which were en suite and spacious. One point is that someone tall must have hung the mirrors/hooks and light pull cords!
The owner was helpful in accommodating our 6 bikes and offered to get details for me for taxis. I did not have any issues with him but some of our party did e.g. splitting the bill on a couple of credit cards was out of the question. One of our party summed it up that 'people like him should not work in hospitality' but, as I say, I did not have any major issues, he was just a bit gruff

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank MillysTravels
Brighton
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Owner was rude and aggressive towards me and other members of my family. He seems to be totally intolerant of young children, even if well behaved. Room, breakfast etc perfectly fine but made to feel uncomfortable and unwelcome by male host. Would not recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Cyril99
Bath
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We stayed here for my sister's wedding and were pleased with our accommodation when we arrived but soon realised that the owner wasn't very friendly. He was extremely abrupt and when I let my sister into the room when she arrived he let himself in and said 'I want you to register' and then 'It looks like you've taken over the place' (in a serious annoyed tone of voice).

At breakfast the following morning he told my young boy off (1 year old) for banging on the table (even though he wasn't causing any harm or being loud) and asked for him to stop playing with my room key as it would get messy! I was shocked at how rude he was and resented paying for our visit.

We noticed he liked chatting to the older residents but was very short and unaccommodating to the younger guests meaning we couldn't relax at all.

If you are thinking of staying here I would find somewhere else where your money would be better spent.

A shame as the rooms were nice and nice gardens. The man's wife was lovely but unfortunately she was never front of house. We just couldn't understand why he was a B&B owner.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Wirral
Reviewed April 11, 2011

When my partner and I wanted somewhere welcoming to stay in Leominster for one night we chose Copper Hall as it was recommended to us, well priced and looked quaint. This is where the good part of the review ends unfortunately. We were eyeballed by the owner when we entered as if he didn't want 'our kind' to stay there (maybe because we are young 20- somethings I thought?). He didn't even smile to greet us. We told him the place had been recommended by a lady who said she knew the owner. He looked confused, said "never heard of her" and not much else. Anyway, the room was quaint and well kept but there was a bit of a feeling that he didn't want us to mess anything up. It was uncomfortable and unwelcoming. The next morning we were still packing about 3 minutes after the designated time to leave the room and heard a sharp knocking on the door. Guess who it was? The owner was rudely reminding us in a stern voice (even though nobody else was in the B+B or waiting for a room) to leave. Absolutely disgusted as we were just about to anyway. On leaving, we weren't asked if we had a good night's sleep it was simply "That will be £60". Copper house is not recommended for anyone wanting a comfortable stay or warm welcome. Outrageous lack of hospitality.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Warrnambool, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Was a convenient place to overnight. Room and ensuite were clean and large enough. Service was ok when we arrived not overly helpful but the next morning at breakfast I got spoken to very abrubtly for sitting at the wrong table and my plate was collected while I was still earting off it. The sheets, doona and pillow were of poor quality and the double bed was 2 single beds put together with a big lump in the middle. I did expect better from a 4 star B&B, it is never nice to be grumped at in the morning. Have stayed at other B&Bs for the same price which were of a much higher standard. Having said that for a one night quick stop over it was ok.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StevenAbby
nottm
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I stayed here two nights - nicely furnished en-suite room, good breakfast. Just a short walk to the south of town centre. Friendly owners. Recommended.
Plenty to see in Leominster - Priory church, nice pubs and shops and excellent countryside in teh vacinity.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leominster
Talbot Hotel
The Riverside Inn & Restaurant
Grove Farm
Grove Farm
#1 of 1 in Kimbolton

Been to Copper Hall? Share your experiences!