“Good value, pleasant accommodation.”
Review of The Corners Inn

The Corners Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 Leominster B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We have now stayed on two occasions at the Corners Inn, both visits we found the accommodation to be clean, spacious and great value for money.
We ate in the bar on the first visit, meal was nice. On our second stay we ate in the restaurant, it was on a Sunday, so we had Roast beef, sunday dinner special. Food was over cooked, seemed to have been on a hot plate keeping warm for too long. we didnt say anything as it was still edible although not great, one other couple next to us did complain about the meal, and were told that they would not be charged for it.
Apart from that, we found The corners Inn to be good value for money, although a little quiet in the bar on both occasions not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed at The Corners Inn on two nights in the same week (Mon & Wed) From the very first phone call to book the room everything was perfect. The staff were most welcoming and accommodating. We were travelling on bikes and they provided excellent secure storage. The room was absolutely spotless, the attention to detail was refreshing, from a decent brand and size shampoo/soap (not fiddly little bottles) to nice big cups in the room for a proper cup of tea! The pub and restaurant were full of atmosphere. The menu was extensive and the food was fantastic, something really different with a home cooked taste. The chef really knows what he's doing. On the Wednesday night it was Steak and Fish night. My son had the Steak and I had the Fish (you could also choose off the main menu if you wished) I couldn't believe the quality and size of portions for £6 - Fantastic. We had a great night sleep, the beds were comfy and the place was so quiet and peaceful. Breakfast put the icing on the cake, with a good selection of cereal, fruit, yoghurt etc. Cooked breakfast made to order, so fresh and hot. My request for something that wasn't on the menu was met and exceeded. The whole atmosphere of the 16th century building, the Owners and their staff made for a most relaxing and enjoyable say.

Room Tip: Cant imagine there would be a problem with any room!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Excellent accomadation & breakfast, bar not very welcoming, landlord to busy talking to friends.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We had a warm welcome and were delighted with our room, small but perfectly decorated and immaculately clean. The food was superb, with obviously the very best of ingredients - breakfast was lovely.

Kingsland is an idyllic village and is ideally placed to visit the surrounding countryside and many sights.

Ans best of all, Richard simply loves the Welsh!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2011

...but choice is limited around Leominster. This place is better than any of the B&Bs I've used and is certainly better than the Talbot (Best Western) or the Royal Oak (all but closed). I was astonished at the quality of the room. Very modern, huge bed, great bathroom. The tea tray was pretty standard but no real complaints. Every member of staff I spoke to was friendly and helpful. I can recommend the Butty Bach (Wye Valley Brewery) - slips down a treat.

I only had one meal in the restaurant which was risotto and this was OK. Breakfast was the standard fare but included smoked (dyed) haddock which was a nice change. The fry-up was OK but average and a tad oily. Service was extremely quick, but the food was cooked to order. If you're interested in watches, engage with Richard!

Room Tip: Try Butty Bach, talk watches with Richard
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Although the reviews sounded good I was still apprehensive as the room rate was very reasonable for a single traveller- as has happened in other places I was worried I might get put in an ex broom cupboard! However I neednt have worried as this is the smartest place i've ever stayed for that price. Lovely clean, modern room, massive comfy bed and spotless trendy bathroom. Breakfast was nice, the service polite, and served in the beautiful former barn that is now the restaurant. The only down side was a problem with the power shower, whose motor kept running on and off all night the first night meaning I didnt get much sleep. I'd had a shower late and it was into the early hours before I realised it was a problem that wasnt going to go away. I told the landlady the next morning and it turned out it was something to do with pressure and if you flushed the loo it stopped it!! From the way it was said it sounded like it was a common occurance, in which case it would have been nice to have been told or a note left for customers to avoid sleepless nights. However if my work takes me back down this part of the country again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Situated in a quiet village,Kingsland ,a few miles from Leominster this old country Inn was excellent.The bedrooms
are in a outbuilding and are very well furnished with modern oak fittings and King size bed.Compact but efficient shower room. The restaurant situated in the original barn building is a pleasure to eat in.There is a choice of eating in the restaurant or the bar.Staff are very efficient ,pleasant and friendly.The choice of food is good with local produce.Food itself was deliciious and extremely good value.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple