“Nice food. Slow service”

Saverys Licensed Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 53 Restaurants in Leominster
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A lovely traditional English restaurant with great food, drinks and service in the lovely market town of Leominster, Herefordshire, England.
Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Nice food. Slow service”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Visited Leominster on a return trip from a holiday in Forest of Dean . Stopped in Leominster for lunch. Found Saverys. It looked interesting and had a good menu - we only wanted a light lunch. We sat at a table and waited for service. The waitresses were having a conversation amongst themselves. We wondered if we were supposed to go to the counter to order but the sign said ' we'll come to you." So we waited and waited! Eventually they completed their conversation and we were acknowledged! We nearly just left. However, when it arrived our paninis were yummy.
Allow a long time if you eat here

Visited October 2013

Llandovery
“Speedy service, tasty food!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Called in for a quick snack, freshly made, tasty and enjoyable, so I was very surprised to see reviews detailing poor service.
The three members of staff with whom we had contact were very pleasant, even acceding immediately to my request to have half of my sandwich packed to go as I had a bad mouth ulcer.
For a quick snack, it was great and when I mentioned it to a nearby shop owner, he concurred that it was a good place for speedy service, good local food and not too expensive.

• Visited August 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing food and service”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

When premises call themselves a restaurant, we usually expect good food and service. Saverys is basically a trying to go upmarket snack cafe.

Shabby with marked table cloths, unclean salt and pepper pot and grubby menus we wish we had not stayed. Our order was taken at the table and drinks brought quickly, the food took another 10 minutes. The tea pot I had needed a good wash as it was greasy.

We both had hot BLT my husbands in white bread, mine in granary. Granary is a proprietary name for a specific brand of bread, the bread I got was bog standard brown sliced. The menu said they would be served with either a salad or crisps. They came with neither. When I spoke to the assistant, she said "oh really" and walked off (presumably to sort it out). She then passed by 2 tables away from where we were sitting and called over to say the they were bringing the salad - one small dish arrived.

The staff were not wearing aprons and liked their jewellery, not good food hygiene standard presentation.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jan T
Leominster, United Kingdom
“Is life looking up at Saverys?”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We know this place well. The breakfasts have always been good. The friendliness of the waiting staff has never been good. One particular waitress had always been sour, never smiled, and clearly wasnt enjoying her work. But, the new owner whilst saying that nothing has changed with the food or staff, has clearly been giving lessons on how to treat customers. The sour waitress was actually quite friendly, asked how we were, and had a smile! This is a useful cafe, and I really hope the new owner can bring it back up to scratch and provide a place in which people feel welcome and enjoy the food. Out with the old and in with the new. I wish him well and hope he can turn this place around.

• Visited July 2013
“Delicious food, lovely new owners & great refurbishment!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I went recently for breakfast with my family and it was delicious!! I met the new owner who was incredibly helpful and talked me through the menu. The refurb has really freshened the whole place it looks brilliant! I'll definitely be back on a much more regular basis now!

• Visited June 2013