“Great Place”
Review of Church House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kington
Church House
Ranked #4 of 15 Kington B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at Church House while hiking the Offa's Dyke trail. Andrew and Liz made me and my fellow hiker feel right at home. Wonderful, personal service, great accommodations and a huge English breakfast. I want to get back to that area of the world some time and I know where I will stay. Of yea, if you are hiking they have a huge tub for soaking your weary bones.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 10, 2013

liz and andrew are proud not to have frills and doilies rather than threadbare rugs - very homely, comfortable, friendly and efficient, lovely garden if the weather is good. Bathroom not en suite, but good big bath, good breakfast - thoroughly recommended

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2012

When you are clearly staying in someone elses beautiful house - and it is beautiful, there is always the danger that you will feel uncomfortable. Not here. The welcome is - well - welcoming. Very individual, yes, but a welcome that makes you immediately feel at ease.

The rooms are very excellent and the bathroom sumptuous.

Breakfast was a treat - toast is served hot when you need it - a rare host who realises that hot toast is better than cold.

We will try to return later this year.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RyedaleRambler
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed in May 2012 while doing the Offa's Dyke Path and having arrived like a drowned rat on the one wet day of my trek, was immediately put at my ease, damp gear once removed was hung to dry overnight above the Aga in the kitchen and tea and scones served to take the chill out of my bones. Lovely house, nicely situated just on the outskirts of Kington but only 5 minutes walk from shops and pubs. Laid back but very gracious hosts and a nice sense of quirkiness which I loved but might not be to everyone's taste as some of the other reviews make clear. Lovely breakfast next morning and a place I'd be more than happy to visit again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank SuperSullivan
Reviewed July 26, 2011

As part of a family trip to a local wedding this was a superb overnight stay. Tea and homemade cake in the garden on arrival followed by being shown to rooms that were warm and inviting. A great night's sleep and a full english breakfast made it a real treat. The breakfast was of the highest quality and we were offered as much as we wanted. It was the sort of house you wished you lived in yourself and I would recommend it as a lovely place to stay

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Alastair186363
Reviewed July 11, 2011

If you like family run places with warm welcomes, beautiful surroundings and lovely food and service then I recommend Church House. I, along with 3 other members of my family stayed there last weekend and it was wonderful. They offer 2 rooms in their lovely home and make you feel very welcome from the outset. While there where no en-suite rooms we did have our own private bathroom with a lovley big roll top bath which was very inviting. Church House gardens were beautiful and we sat and enjoyed the sun while taking in our surroundings and the scent from the flowers.
I would absolutely stay with Andrew & Liz Darwin again and would have no hesitation in recommending their hospitality to friends and family. Thanks again.

Room Tip: Great value for money.