“Lovely friendly place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kington
The Swan on the Square
Ranked #12 of 15 Kington B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I booked a room here as I was attending a wedding in the town. I booked a double room and it was lovely the bed was really comfy and it had a good sized en-suite. In fact when we were let down by another hotel in town, myself and 10 of my colleagues were welcomed for lunch even though it was way past lunchtime and all said how lovely and welcoming the staff were.
After a wonderful night sleep I had a lovely breakfast. This is the prefect place to stay for a country break and I would recommend it to anyone.

They do however need to sort out the internet booking sites they use as I noticed that they had a couple of rooms that appeared vacant but when my friends were trying to book rooms all the sites said they were full which is a shame because we could have filled the place if we'd known

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Emma R

Reviewed June 22, 2012

The welcome we recieved started with the first phone call to Lynne. During the whole booking and confirmation there was no doubt that we'd be well looked after. Our husbands were walking the Offa's Dyke path for Charity and we had decided to intercept them for a night, taking the children to give them a lift and spur them on. We took over the whole of the accomodation and there really was nothing that Lynne and Sean didn't do for us. Sean helped me with my luggage as I had two young kids with me, and Lynne even provided milk and squash for the kids as the day was so warm. Beautifully decorated and clean, there is no noise form the pub coming into the rooms and there is even a hairdressers in the hotel. The evening meal was homecooked and delicious and so was the breakfast. Cannot fault either the price or the service. My 3 year old daughter was so disappointed to leave and made me promise to visit again, which I will. Thank you so much Lynne and Sean for an excellent stay. You really bent over backwards for us.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2012

This was a curious pub / B&B on a recent cycle tour. The rooms are fine although some of the common parts are a bit tired.

Unfortunately when we arrived we were rather cold and our room had it's window wide open with no way of turning the heating on (it was under 10 degrees). We were given an electric heater which did help but it was not ideal.

The second quirk was that on the evening we were there it was live pan pipes! It ended at 11:30 so we did get to sleep then. Personally I'm not a big fan of pan pipes!

Room Tip: Room 1 is above the bar