“A lovely few days”

Kings Lodge Hotel
Yorkshire
“A lovely few days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely go again. The staff were friendly, the room immaculate and there was a cafe nearby to eat if needed. There was easy access to and from the bar which was very useful if one had questions to ask.The hotel is child friendly. A shame breakfast wasn't provided but we were told we could use the kitchen if we needed to. Thank you to all.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Imleda

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stopped at this place just off junction 20 of the M25. I can not think of one good thing to say about this pub/restaurant. The food was poor the service terrible waited just under 1 hour for Sunday lunch and we (a party of 4 adults and 2 children) arrived at 12.30 and there was only 1 other table occupied. We asked for a large bottle of water and a small one arrived, we asked for 2 straws for the children, never arrived,asked for apple sauce for the pork roast and it came as the meal was coming to an end. My wife ordered scampi and when it arrived was so over cooked that she was left with just crunchy breadcrumbs with little sign of any fish in the centre, when we took this up with the young lad who served us he said isn't supposed to be like that?The plates,knives,forks and spoons Bradley stained with hard crusted food stuck to them. I can understand why so many pubs are closing down when customer service like this is so poor. Vote with your feet and do not give your well earned money to a place like this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lowena7

Travelers are raving about these Kings Langley hotels

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We enjoyed a meal last night at the kings lodge . We were celebrating a 50th Wedding Anniversary with a large group. The staff were very accommodating and helpful . The food was good, portions were a little over generous. The staff paid particular attention to my three year old daughter offering her a free sandwich and ice cream which was appreciated. Really nice little garden out the back of the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This place makes awful seem attractive.
There is not one good thing about the place. It seemed that a very pleasant group of teenagers had been left in charge. The food is terrible. The noise of the pub and the trains will stop you sleeping. I am not sure what else can be said.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynda A
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I'm not a picky woman when it comes to hotels (the door locks!five stars for you!) but I was truly disappointed with this one. To begin with, I wasn't actually in the building, I was down the road in their 'sister' building. Which was fine except that was above a pub that kept the adjoining door from their bar to our entrance open, which I found unnerving. Once safely ensconced in the room I was given, it became very clear that the sheets had been previously slept in (unless there is a fabric softener that smells like man) and the single glazed window was about as much use as a chocolate teapot with that main road close by (so close that you could spit on it...if you want to...yuck) I was willing to forgive all of this (the door locked you see) but I felt that the amount I was paying I deserved clean sheets once in a while, or a refill on the tea bags. Whoever made my bed in the morning (what is the point if you are not going to change the sheets?) also left bleach on the bathroom window (healthy and safety...should not do that) and left a roll of bin liner in my bin rather than actually put one in there. I was made to feel embarrassed and awkward by a member of staff in the bar/restaurant who felt it was completely fine to exclaim loudly that I was on my own in a bar full of men (I am a young woman so apparently this idea was ridiculous)
The following week I stayed at a nearby chain hotel, which only cost £80 more, and I got clean sheets every day, a double glazed window, tea refills everyday and restaurant staff that had no problem with my solo status. So no, it was not good value for money, it was just shoddy, from start to finish.

Room Tip: Do not just photos, they lie! Try not stay here at all if you can help it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vickyy56
Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My friend and I just had a one night stay in this hotel the rooms were lovely, the only let down was that there was no air conditioning which meant the rooms were hot especially at the time we stayed as it was a hot week, the showere was lovely however, the stay was very convenient for our trip to The making of Harry Potter Studio tour, the satff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful thank you will def stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Exeter
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just had a fab two night stay (Fri and Sat) at this pub with my family. Warmly greeted by Clive who could not have done enough for us. Treated us and our children along with our dogs absolutely superbly! He was super helpful along with his staff. They hosted a great party for a family member on the Saturday. A mix of guests attended young and older but they were all catered for and the atmosphere was lovely. Clive seems to work constantly from morning to night but always with a smile on his face! A wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Chandler's Cross
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,678 reviews
Jurys Inn London Watford
Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction

Been to Kings Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!