“excellent value”

The Rose & Crown
Ranked #13 of 20 Restaurants in Kings Langley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The crowning glory of Kings Langley Simply put, The Rose & Crown in Kings Langley is a fabulous village pub and restaurant serving up tasty, top-notch food alongside an eclectic range of wines and cask ales in cosy, stylish surroundings.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Friendly services, cosy pub warm and good beer and wines. Food choice very good and changes regularly. Dont miss it.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We recently had Sunday lunch here to celebrate a family members 65th birthday. We had visited this pub/restaurant before and were a little disappointed at the quality of the food. However, this time we were pleasantly surprised. The menu was comprehensive and if the truth be known, for us, there was almost too much choice. It was very busy - probably as this was the first really nice weekend of the year, and did appear in some places to be a bit overcrowded putting tables for two in quite awkward places. We also had to wait quite a long time for our maim meal, again, probably due to the number of customers. However, we would visit again but would be quite selective as to where we sat.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Not a bad experiance for a chain restaurant. Many of these restaurants oretend to cook all there food from fresh but a lot of their food is delivered prepared from the suppliers, Mitchells and Butler being one of them. They pass their brands off as individually owned Gastro Pubs. However this one at least makes its own soup if nothing else. It was very tasty and my Scampi main course was ok but then you can not really ruin Scampiu too much. My wife enjoyed her deep fried brie and her main course of chiken although small especially the salad was enjoyable. As an imitation of Raymond La Blanc a good effort but if you want the real thing at a little extra then go to Raymonds in St. Albans.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited here on a Friday night and as a group we were pretty disappointed generally. Service was slow at the start but improved. The food was very mixed. Some cold some hot, and that was just on one plate! I was all meant to be hot btw.

Mains arrived before my starter. And the size of my starter when I'd did arrive (I asked for it anyway and had it with my main) was very poor. Camembert and it was the size of two steak house thick chips. Plus slightly over cooked so the cheese was all running out before I'd punctured the bread casing.

The shared dessert option was ok. A few good ones and a few below average.

I know of people that have visited here before and say how good it is but I gather this is weekday lunch times. Maybe they can't deliver at peak times when demand is high.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Great menu with lots of tempting choices. Delicious meal. Service pleasant. Good atmosphere and surroundings.