“Very Italian!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Oscar's felt very authentic and was great for the children with us because of the ice cream bar! Starter was huge and the main fell a bit flat but overall was a nice place.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

It got off to a bad start when the waitress did not offer to take our coats. I eventually gave up waiting and asked the waitress what we should do with our coats. She pointed me to a door half way down the restaurant and told me that I would find a place to hang them there.
The food was okay but just okay and was very overpriced for what it was. I could have got the same quality fayre at a national chain such as Si or Pizza Express for a lot less and with much better service.
The place was cold and not at all welcoming (as regards decor).
There are many better places in the area where you will have a much better dining experience for the same money.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a Christmas meal at Oscars for a mixed age group ranging from teenagers to age 60+.

We had to wait for our table, but were offered drinks in the small bar area and when we were shown to our table, the service was good.

Our party ordered a mixture of pizza and pasta and all of it was very nice. The pizza is on the large size but I noticed on another table that they give diners a box to take any leftover pizza away (we didn’t have that problem!) . The pasta was perfectly cooked – really delicious.

The only slight negative was the fact the tables are close together, but for us it wasn’t a problem as it was a family rather than ‘romantic’ meal.

The service was great, friendly and prompt without rushing you. I also noticed that for diners with younger children how attentive the waiting staff were– lots of encouragement to sample the ice cream from the ice cream counter for example☺

All in all, a lovely evening and great all round value. I would recommend this restaurant for a family meal.

1  Thank scatterdells
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've eaten or had coffee here many times so thought it was about time I wrote a review! I ate there last week with a group of ladies - it was very busy, (being close to Christmas) but the service was good. I ordered risotto, which was absolutely lovely and all of my friends were happy with their food. I have to say that I have never had bad food here and the coffee is good too! Oscar's is a lively, noisy, buzzy kind of restaurant and very popular - I would recommend it for a lively lunch for dinner.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Nice surroundings and very accommodating with kids. Good Italian menu.
Reasonable price taking into account your surroundings and the level of service. We were in a rush for a school event and told them this on arrival they pointed out those dishes that would take too long for the time we had.

Liked this place and will be going back soon, when we have more time to spend there.

It also had a nice friendly buzz about the place