“Nice hotel but decor a bit dated” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manor Of Groves Hotel

Manor Of Groves Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in High Wych
Rothwell
“Nice hotel but decor a bit dated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

No problems checking in and allocated Room 13. Nice big room with large bathroom and clean. We didn't eat here or use the spa but the facilities look good. Our room didn't look anywhere as nice as some of the pictures will lead you to believe but we still had a good stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerMOG, General Manager at Manor Of Groves Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! Im glad you enjoyed your stay and found the facilities good and clean.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Kind Regards
Dean Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here a few times but not in a room as noisy as room 8.The noise came from some kind of extraction fan at the back of the hotel it kept me awake all night .also very noisy kitchen staff smoking and talking outside the room early in the morning.avoid at all cost.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerMOG, General Manager at Manor Of Groves Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments about Room 8. My Maintenance team have been alerted to this noise issue you experienced.
I'm glad you have stayed with us on a few occasions and I look forward to your next stay here and hopefully we will achieve a much higher rating from you!

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The pro's- There isn't any!!!!!!!!
We stayed in the family room after attending a wedding. After wedding we went back to room to find it very cold, with a new born baby and a 3 year old I was concerned. I had heaters on all night but they were not strong enough to heat up room and resulted to putting kids coats on through the night. I complained to staff who suggest leave heaters on and it will warm up. We got through the night and was faced with miserable staff who didn't have much to say on the matter. We checked out not very happy but husband is not one to complain much and doesn't like a scene so left it at that. The plan was check out and use spa facilities but that didn't go to plan either. I asked a member of staff for 'HOT WATER IN A BOWL TO WARM BABYS BOTTLE UP' Now this is not a very difficult request but obviously was for Manor of Groves staff, she took bottle which I assumed was to measure size of bowl and bought it back completely filled up with boiling water. Now this was a made up bottle of milk with medication in it. I was fuming and asked why did she add water, she said I thought that's what you do. Because of this we had to cut stay short, was unable to use facilities and went home as babies milk had to have medication in it. She was so rude not even an apology. The best bit is coming, I complained to Manor of Groves and got a message back from DEAN THOMPSON calling me a lier stating that a complaint was not mentioned to member of staff in question and that she had no reason to lie. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICES!!!!!!!!!
Bottom line this hotel is not worth the money, worst £165 I spent, an apology saying member of staff should not have been rude and should never have opened bottle and added water would have been satisfactory, oh and they say they have not had complaints about cold rooms even though I found loads of complaints suggesting the same problems. Do not waste your money with this unprofessional hotel and staff and if you do complain to management it wont get you very far.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Simon2509
Myself and the above reviewer had some correspondence and when I investigated the incidents that were bought to my attention. I thanked them and explained what had happened. It was then that compensation was demanded.
I explained I felt that my team member had misunderstood the request when the bottle was handed over. At no time did we know there was any medication in the bottle. When I responded to say I didn't feel any compensation was payable, my team member was accused of lying to me. I value Customer Feedback and always investigate any comments or complaints thoroughly and never call anybody a liar!
I am sorry this incident led to you rating us 1 star.

Travelers are raving about these High Wych hotels

Hatfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

My mother and i had the special £120 deal which includes 3 course meal, bed and breakfast with use of the spa, staff very friendly, food was very good quality from local produce which included veal for dinner and buffet cooked breakfast which was hot and fresh, room very clean, bed very big and comfy nice firm mattress, spa staff friendly, jacuzzi very warm! The only improvement would be to clear dirty tables quicker, but overall would definately stay again, great value deal.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Great to hear you had a nice stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I stay here often for work. I have always found the service to be friendly and helpful. The food is good and portion sizes generous! Don't understand the comments about the breakfast being cold and fruit rotten! The fruit had always been fresh and the plates have to be picked up with napkins because they are warmed! I love the breakfast here the fry up especially! Rooms are spacious and appear clean! Nice pool and gym! Lovely surrounding countryside 10 mins from Harlow!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great review! Glad you have enjoyed your stays here. I know my team provide good service and great food, and am glad to hear from someone that stays here regularly that this is the case. You are right the fruit is always fresh, we have deliveries 6 days a week and we even grow some of our own fruit and vegetables that we use in the Kitchens. Lee Murton, my Head Chef is passionate about serving only the best food made from the best ingredients.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great hotel set in a lovely golf course. Rooms are very comfortable and staff are friendly. Food was good although I just had a meal from the bar menu. The only draw back is the entrance doubles for the bar seating area. Can get a bit chilly with people coming in and out. Having said that it was fine in June and still nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Manor of Groves in the near future

Kind Regards
Marlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I organised a golf break for a group of 9. I can't rate the place highly enough. The booking/events staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel staff went out of their way to help us enjoy the best possible experience (including reserving an area in the library for an evening game of poker AND arranging for some batteries when our music speakers conked out). The rooms were clean and comfortable and everyone agreed the food was top notch and far surpassed other similar breaks we've been on as a group. The golf course itself was in great condition and provided a test for players of varied ability. It managed to blend well with the beautiful Hertfordshire landscape.
5 stars and keep up the good work!!

David Seed

Room Tip: Room 4 was very luxurious.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the review David, we have worked hard and invested in our Golf Course and its great to hear feedback such as yours. Good to hear the team looked after you so well inside as well as out and I hope we can welcome you back to Manor of Groves next time you book a Golf Break

Regards
#1 of 1 in Little Hallingbury
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne

Been to Manor Of Groves Hotel? Share your experiences!