Manor Of Groves Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
Little Hallingbury Mill(Little Hallingbury)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
The Cock Inn(Sheering)
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
All reviewsgolf coursehealth clubsteam roomgolf clubgolf breakround of golfevents teamevening mealbridal suiteleisure facilitieslovely bathroomchristmas partysat navsea bassweekend breakfood was lovelyfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I organised a golf break for a group of 9. I can't rate the place highly enough. The booking/events staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel staff went out of their way to help us enjoy the best possible experience (including reserving an area in the library for an evening game of poker AND arranging for some batteries when our music speakers conked out). The rooms were clean and comfortable and everyone agreed the food was top notch and far surpassed other similar breaks we've been on as a group. The golf course itself was in great condition and provided a test for players of varied ability. It managed to blend well with the beautiful Hertfordshire landscape.
5 stars and keep up the good work!!

David Seed

Room Tip: Room 4 was very luxurious.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerMOG, General Manager at Manor Of Groves Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thanks for the review David, we have worked hard and invested in our Golf Course and its great to hear feedback such as yours. Good to hear the team looked after you so well inside as well as out and I hope we can welcome you back to Manor of Groves next time you book a Golf Break

Regards

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed here recently, the setting is lovely but the rooms were tired and worn and also the furniture in the entrance. The housekeeping could be a lot cleaner and the baths with showers over them were very slippery. The breakfasts were good {self service] but the plates were cold and by the time you'd made your own toast everything was cold. We were here for a wedding and the food there was only moderate for the cost. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I feel a lot more could be done to bring this hotel up to scratch.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerMOG, General Manager at Manor Of Groves Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are looking to improve all the time, and some of your comments will be used. We are looking to replace the bedroom furniture later this year particularly the chairs.
Our Housekeeping team are very aware of the standards we have, I am surprised you found the shower overly slippery. The cleaning materials we use should not make the bathrooms any more slippery than you would find at home or any other hotel.
We do sit the plates for breakfast on the buffet so should always be 'warm' rather than hot as we don't want people to burn their hands on them. So its difficult to get the happy medium.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were staying here for a wedding. General furnishing is ok, but rooms could be cleaner and scuffs in the corridor could be addressed. Could easily be turned into something a bit more luxurious given the market the hotel is geared towards. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and tasty. Staff were helpful. Food at wedding was definitely lackluster.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank youo for your review.

Since then all of our bedroom corridors have been repainted, as they are at least twice a year. I'm sorry you found the food lacklustre at the Wedding, we do service 90 weddings a year here at Manor of Groves, and food is usually where we receive all of our great feedback. I am sorry it was not to your liking.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Pros- Staff are absolutely brilliant, very helpful. Bar prices very reasonable, loving setting, comfy bed.
Cons- breakfast and cleanliness. My issue occurred in the morning when I couldn't eat the breakfast due to it being very poor. The fruit was nearly rotten and the hot food was Luke warm and inedible. The bedroom was very comfortable until I looked under the bed in the morning to ensure that we had all our items. The bed is a fold away bed which can go into the wall and when we lifted it up there were at least 7 items (an old remote control, a fan, lip gloss and a number of undistinguishable items) and a lot of dirt and dust under the bed. For these reasons I deducted a point from my review.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review, we have reviewed the room you stayed in and part of our refurbishment plan will be to replace these beds that we have in a couple of rooms. My Head Housekeeper has been informed of this as it is no excuse but is more difficult to get to the more inaccessible areas
With regards to fruit at breakfast, I have spoken to the Supervisor, Jean to make sure all fruit is checked before it is put out and during the service. We tend to put out amounts that we know we will use up so we do not carry fresh products over into the next day. But thank you for your feedback, it is always helpful

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at Manor of Groves in March with friends for birthday celebrations. The hotel is in beautiful scenery, on arrival the staff were very helpful and we were allocated a spacious room, so we were very happy. That evening we had a few drinks in the bar and twe ate dinner at the hotel which was lovely. The second night we wanted a change of scenery for our meal and the reception staff were very helpful in advising us to go to a really fun mexican restaurant nearby.

Overall, we had a great weekend. I would highly recommend Manor of Groves and have even booked a trip here for my parents for my Mums birthday.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your review Gemma, great to read you had such a wonderful time and we look forward to welcoming you back again for your Mums birthday!

Kind regards