1,024 results
All reviewsgolf courseafternoon teanew winglovely groundsgolf breakgolf cluborangery restaurantsconesbridal suitelovely hotelwedding breakfastwedding venuecourse dinnerfour posterwedding receptionlovely roomchristmas party
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Only stayed one night but it was great. The staff were all extremely helpful from the minute we arrived and very friendly. They could not do enough for us and we ould see how patient they were with other guests!

We ate in the restaurant in the evening from the set menu, there was a la carte and also bar menu to chose from, which had a good selection and the quality was first class. The restaurant itself was well laid out and the candles and table decor made it special.

Breakfast itself was self service and had everything you could wish for. Cheese, meats, full English, croissants, bread, cereal, fresh fruit, toast and endless coffee and tea.

The grounds are well maintained and even though it was chilly we had a walk after breakfast.

All in all a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: room 53 is on the first floor and overlooks the area where they wheel thebed linen trolleys into to sort them out. This was noisy and I did refer this to the management. My wife slept through so it could not have been that bad, just me!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
shendishmanager, General Manager at Shendish Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments Dennis. I’m so pleased you had a first class experience as this is that we aim to deliver day in, day out. Hopefully you’ll return to us in the near future for another fantastic experience.

Many thanks

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here for two nights 24 Oct / 25th Oct whilst working away from home. I was offered this hotel after having had a poor experience at the Ramada in Hemel the previous week. What a total difference, on arrival I was met by a very able receptionist who quickly got me booked in and directed me to my room. The room was spacious clean and had all I needed for my brief stay. Due to the location of this Hotel there was no outside noise, just the ticket when working away from home.

I went to the restaurant and again was met by very willing staff who ensured I had all I wanted. The menu choice was a little limited, however the food was very good and not too long to wait.

Although not there to enjoy the surroundings, I could of been a million miles away from the hussle and bussle of city life. The Hotel is situated in vast gardens and teh Golf course, no traffic noise.

If you are working away then this is an ideal hotel if you enjoy quiet nights.

I am there again next week, enough said.....

Room Tip: No issues..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay enough to book with us for the following week, I hope your second stay was just as pleasant. Thank you for returning and I hope you have many good visits to come in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Beautful grounds, good food at the restaurant and the rooms were spacious and clean. I had no problems with the bathroom like some people seem to have had - it had a toilet, a sink, a bah/shower and was clean, what more do you need?

Have stayed here a couple of times when working away and have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

The only (minor) with the hotel is that you deither need a car or a taxi to get to it, especially if you have lots of luggage or arrive in the dark. Other than that it's a pleasant enough place to while away your evening :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Our beautiful grounds are defiantly one of our unique selling points so thank you for recognising this. It’s great to hear you also enjoyed all other aspects of your stay; the staff included and this is exactly what we want our guests to experience; friendly and helpful attitude.

Thank you for this review and I hope to welcome you back to Shendish Manor in the near future.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel a number of times and in it's favour, the restaurant with the view across the gardens in very nice; the reception and meeting rooms are also very nice. Not so nice is no hot water in the rooms in the morning on two seperate occassions; pitifully small portions on the set menu in the restaurant in the evening and very poorly trained/unpleasant staff in the restaurant. Ground floor bedrooms at the far end of the wing to the right of reception have a road running directly in front of them which, while not used much, can be noisy when a van or the like goes past.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AverageJoTraveller

I know hot water has cropped up on here a couple of times but be rest assured this is not a regular occurrence. Our boilers are regularly maintained and on the odd occasion we have been very unfortunate where something has broken down which we have done our best to get repaired straight away causing minimal damage as possible. I am very sorry if your stay was affected by our misfortune and I sincerely hope if you stay with us in the future you won’t experience this again. Since your last stay we have revamped our management team and customer service is defiantly on the up and you will experience a much more experienced team.

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Well, this hotel is a great find. The Manor house rooms are tasteful and old fashioned which we found great. Huge bed and nice furniture. I love the sash windows and view over the gardens. The newer part of the hotel has modern rooms that are tastefully furnished but I feel they are a bit generic (my daughters disagree as they like modern rooms).
The dinner was included in the offer Awesome Autumn which was dinner, bed and breakfast. Can order from the Table D'hote or a la carte menu and the hotel will take £25 per person off the bill. Try the ham, egg and chips as a starter (not what is sounds like; delicate quails egg and pork terrine - yummy) Of course drinks are extra. Breakfast was plentiful, hot and great choice. Staff great especially the duty managers who made it feel like we were important with personal touches.
Plenty of free parking and as we were going to visit Windsor for the day and had two cars they let us leave one car there for a few hours instead of 2 cars to park in Windsor.
If I had to find a critcial point it may be that room 7 is over the kitchen and during dinner service there was a smell from the kitchens coming in.
The hotel is very convenient for London, and especially Heathrow and Windsor. The immediate location around the manor is lovely. Fountains and sculptured gardens as well as informal park grounds. Golf course that appears to attract the most charming golfers. In the morning there was a ground mist and on the grass lots of rabbits jumping around and a deer amongst the trees. A real vision to behold.
A special mention to Ms Russell duty manager on the evening of 7th October. Thank you for making my birthday special, the candles on the cake and singing to me; and letting me have your toothpaste as we had forgotten ours.

Room Tip: Rooms in Manor are older and have character. Room 7 is over the kitchen and near to the bar/restaurant so not the quietest room. New wing have modern rooms. Lifts; so no wirries about stairs although lift in modern wing are not close to reception - ask for help - they will do so.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NottinghamLaney

What a lovely review, thank you! Especially your comments regarding Emma, I know she really appreciates a special mention as do any other members of the team. She is most defiantly an asset to our hotel.

I’m so pleased to hear you had such a lovely stay with us and I hope you had just an enjoyable time on your day trip to Windsor!

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.