1,024 results
All reviewsgolf courseafternoon teanew winglovely groundsgolf breakgolf cluborangery restaurantsconesbridal suitelovely hotelwedding breakfastwedding venuecourse dinnerfour posterwedding receptionlovely roomchristmas party
Reviewed April 27, 2012

rooms - excellent,
food very good
golf very good
staff excellent
great value will definitely return

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
shendishmanager, General Manager at Shendish Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you for posting this review. The company have invested a vast amount of money in our golf course over the last couple of years so it’s great to hear it’s paying off.

I’m glad to hear you also found our bedrooms, food and service all of a similar standard and I look forward to welcoming you back to Shendish Manor in the near future.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

A party of 19 ladies shared a most pleasant afternoon, taking tea to celebrate a successful year at work. It was lovely and enjoyed by all. The food was perfect consisting of sandwiches, scones and homemade cakes and as much tea as we could drink. The service was wonderful, very attentive and helpful, and we were not rushed at all so had plenty of time to enjoy the experience. I would certainly go back again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for posting this lovely review.

Over the last year we have become very popular with our Afternoon Tea’s and it’s continuing to grow.

I’m pleased you enjoyed all aspects of the day and I hope you will come back to visit us again.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

My husband and I got married last Friday and we celebrated the occaision with our guests over at Shendish Manor. It was a beautiful venue and our room was so luxurious and comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and accomodating and we would like to thank them so much for helping our special day go so well. Special thanks also go to the girl on reception who single handedly produced tea and coffee for 17 grateful people, you were brilliant!

Ok so this is a rather gushing review, but you deserve it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, Liz.

Its such a good motivation for the team to know they do such a good job and it is appriciated. I keep the team up-to-date with any reviews and comments from our customers.

I would like to wish you and your husband all the happiness in the future, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Shendish Manor for another celbration in the not-to-distant future.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Shendish Manor is a beautiful hotel/function venue & golf course. I booked one of the function rooms (The Dickenson Suite) in the old Manor House for my husbands 40th birthday lunch - a family event for 35 people. The venue was beautiful and the food superb (hot fork buffet).
The staff were excellent and flexible in their approach on the day, which helped us as there were a few last minute changes. Maria who organised the whole event was particularly helpful.
There was plenty of room for the children and the grounds are beautiful (although unfortunately it snowed most of the afternoon!)
We all had a lovely afternoon and enjoyed a delicious meal - I would recommend Shendish for functions and would use it as a venue again myself.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed on a Saturday night, as a break from the kids. We needed a nice chilled hotel, decent food, a comfy bed and some sleep. On the whole, we were happy.

Our room (no 2) was amazing. Huge, big 4 poster, so excellently decorated with a nice big roll top bath. Could have stayed in there all day. The problem (and it was a big one) was that the bed was soooo uncomfortable. It was very hard. I like a firm mattress but this was like sleeping on a marble slab. We were too tired to care the night we stayed but it did leave us a bit achey so we'd probably think again before returning.

Also, the in-room TV was a bit rubbish. The screen was v small and the set was old. Arguably you don't go away for the night to watch telly but we wanted to veg. It was hard to do on this TV.

The food was good and the chef was clearly making the effort which goes a long way.

All in all a nice evening away!

• Stayed: March 2012
shendishmanager, Manager at Shendish Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

I am pleased to read that overall you had a pleasant stay with us, I have fed back your comments to my team and will act upon one or two of the shortcomings, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon