“Excellent”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Hertfordshirfe
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We live in Hemel and always choose Moguls to visit, it is always busy, which says a lot in todays climate, its a popular restaurant that is used by locals. The food is always excellent and the waiters are always a lot of fun, we've never come out of Moguls with a complaint. There are a lot of restaurants in Hemel, especially in the old town so it stands as a good testament that Moguls is always busy.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Tracey G

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Very Average”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

First and only time here we found the complimentary pakoras very good, but the mains (some at the higher price end) very very average. Little spice, basic sauces high prices - very poor. The tarka dhal was mostly liquid, sag aloo ok, keema nan had unevenly distributed meat making it impossible to split fairly (a minor gripe I know) and the mains as I say poor examples for the money. We will not be back!

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Always good-A gem in Hemel”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I'm a big fan of curry, licking the plate clean, big fan. So I'm quite lucky that until very recently this fine curry house was quite near me as it is simply the best I have had so far. I have the same thing every single time I go there (Some of the servers even know it by memory now)

Chicken Malaya
Mogul Special Fried Rice
Nan
Parata

Good in quantity and in quality, I rarely finish it all but I savor every bite. The price is quite respectable to, I know plenty of Indians that charge more for a lesser product In my view. The servers are friendly and personable. The food comes quite quickly, regardless of how busy the place is I never find myself wondering where my food is.

It is the little touches on top of the overall quality of the restaurant that does make it a real favourite, they offer a free appetiser and a complimentary drink after the meal. Having been there countless times only once have I had a problem and received a complimentary rice dish for my troubles.

If you, for whatever reason, happen to be in the area, go for it. You're in for a real treat

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank thomas b
London
“Always good”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised how good this restaurant was considering i've been eating elsewhere for years. Great and friendly service, lovely food and atmosphere. The Mogul surprise was good, sorry i can't tell you what was in it. Go there, you wont be disssapointed.

• Visited August 2012
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

It's been a year or so since I last went to the Mogul but in the past I've never had a bad meal there, in fact it's always been excellent.

I visited the Mogul on Friday evening, it was reasonably busy but we had a table booked.

The order was taken, no starters just main courses. I ordered the chicken dansak and colleagues chose a selection of various curries.

When the meals were brought out it was a bit of guesswork from the waiters. Several dishes were announced which no one had ordered, we were asked what we had ordered and the meals were then renamed to match, so either the wrong meals were brought out or the waiters didn't know what they were serving.

My dansak had a nice flavour but seemed dry, as if it had been kept warm too long and it had dried out. All the naan breads we had ordered were burnt and full of air, not nice at all.

Portion sizes have certainly reduced too but we were given some complimentary pakoras.

I wouldn't return if it was my choice but as the Mogul is used by colleagues from my company I may have to, but I will suggest we try somewhere different next time.