“Great selection of food on offer!”
Review of Aroma - CLOSED

Aroma
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Plenty of starters and main dishes to choose from, cooked fresh, very tasty, plenty of space and very friendly staff, well located in the centre of town opposite our hotel.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Having eaten here on several occasions it has always been very good, not too crowded with good food and service. Over the weekend we went to eat there as a family, the place was busy. We had a table and proceded to get food. My family all got their first course from the buffet but as I wanted plain noodles I went to the teriyaki chef to get them cooked, This took an inordinate amount of time and my family were on their second course by the time I got back to the table. To add to this the person in front of me was having shellfish cooked by the chef and I had to stop him on 2 occasions from using the same unwashed utensils on my noodles.
The food choice generally did not seem as varied as it had been on previous visits either.
The drinks, cokes etc did not taste quite right either.

When we went to pay they tried to charge my 10 year old as an adult and said they couldn't change it, when I complained the guy who served us appeared and then changed it to a child. The reception lady commented that things had changed and the staff argue.

Very disappointing that this restaurant has changed so much and expensive

1  Thank Ladieswhatlunch1
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went here with my Partner on the 16th Feb around 8.30 for dinner. It seemed ok as there was a few people in there.However this was not to be the case. My partner asked for Becks and was told they only had Stella and this was produced in a pint glass even though a half had been requested.The food clearly wasnt being replenished. And more people came in after us,It clearly says on their signs that last admission is 22,30 Well I hate to think what people were gonna have after 21.30It was very apparrent that staff didnt care and I did notice a few members of staff helping themselves and sitting down to eat. Whilst ignoring their guests. Plates were not being cleared away.And tables were being unmade eg napkins and cutlery removed. To be perfectly honest I think it was over priced and the food was very average. I would pay the money to travel to London on the train and go to China Town. Will not be returning in future.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We came here for lunch mid week. The food was average, perfectly edible but nothing special and not very hot. Not many meat dishes to choose from either. Staff were friendly and restaurant was clean if a little cold. Cost was £22ish for one adult and two kids, think I'd have preferred a pub meal.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

As a human right, I'm pretty sure TAP water is free. Not at aroma. I was charged £1.50 for tap water. I questioned this after waiting for someone to take my payment. The waitress replied with, "We have to pay a water bill," and also my favourite,"I'm a single mum." I'm sorry, but what sort of response is that? I could not be bothered to argue, so I paid the ridiculous charge on top of £8 for the lunch buffet.

The beef dishes were chewy and tasteless, the duck was actually 'crispy fried pork', the counters were filthy and the atmosphere is like being in a warehouse with endless tables and terrible music to boot.

Overall I wouldn't recommend going here, it's not very nice.