“A Comfortable Night”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“A Comfortable Night”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night after a marathon drive down from Edinburgh. Initial impression was rather negative as we could not figure out the entrance and as we arrived around midnight, the surroundings were rather intimidating.

Parking is rather a distance away and once we were checked in and in the room, there is nothing much to compalin about.

All in all, a comfortable night sleep. Also - this is a great hotel for those who need a place near to the Harry Potter WB Studios just a short distance away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear rabidcow

Thank you for taking time to complete a Review on Tripadvisor.com, we appreciate your valued comments.Your Review serves as a great motivator to the team here at the hotel. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our valued staff. I am pleased you had a comfortable night sleep and found our location fitting for the Harry Potter WB Studios.

Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Lancashire
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Not only did Wigan Athletic win the FA Cup but our family had a great mini break at the Premier Inn in Hemel! Two great things together!!
The hotel is well located - easy to access from both the M1 and the M40 and with great rail links to London.
Rooms are clean and comfortable, parking is free, the staff were very welcoming and the breakfast was delicious. All for £42 for a family of 3, fantastic value.
We'll be back I'm sure (possibly for next season's Championship play-offs!)

• Stayed May 2013
Dear CrossyCross

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Hemel Hempstead Central I will be sure to pass it on to our valued staff. I am glad your family had a great mini break at our Premier Inn and Wigan winning the FA cup futher improving your stay. We look foward to seeing you again in the future and for the next championship.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We've used this hotel for our annual visits since it opened, and still like it a lot (even/ especially the firm beds some guests down rate for). But it's worth mentioning that although it's very convenient to be close to the town center by day, when my wife visits alone she makes sure to be parked and have all she needs in her room before the main shops close. I don't enjoy walking to the Tesco Express etc. at night myself since the pedestrian high street often gets rowdy. (Also, the children's toy rides at the 3rd floor car park bridge exit burst into life and can be creepy). Should not put anyone off using this excellent hotel, but your stay should be more pleasant if you plan accordingly.

• Stayed May 2013
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear kdysn,

We look forward to your future visits.

Dublin
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Its a premier inn. Stayed there on business. What I like about these places is that the bed is the best for a good sleep. Its really important hotels have good beds and this place does.

Not easy to find, you have to know how to get to the carpark. Some nice restaurants on ground floor.

I suppose for a budget hotel they really make a great effort, I have stayed in "Luxury" 5 star hotels in central london and not had a good nights sleep. While you can get budget hotels like this one where you get a simple clean room where you have a far better nights sleep.

I would stay there again, Simple because you can really relax in a simple, clean room and sleep well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear DublinRobert,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Hemel Hempstead Central I will be sure to pass it on to our valued staff, I am glad you had such a good stay with us and that you found the beds so comfortable.

We look forward to seeing you again

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Excellent hotel in very central location for the shops. ( TK MAXX next door). Very friendly staff, comfortable room, no noise. Restaurant also very good and value for money. Will definitely use again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Kim R,

On behalf of Hemel Hempstead Central Premier Inn I would like to thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor, I will make sure all the team hear your comments.
I am glad you enjoyed our restaurant and hope you took full advantage of the shops around the area.
We look forward to welcoming you back

Kind Regards

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights whilst in the area for a friend's wedding, and overall we were pretty impressed - convenient location within Hemel Hempstead, restaurants within easy walking distance, friendly welcome on arrival, excellent service throughout, very good breakfast and a large room with a big, comfy bed and all the usual Premier Inn bits and bobs in the room. Parking in the Riverside Shopping Centre carpark is free as long as you remember to get your parking ticket stamped at reception. The only thing that let it down a tad was the smoky smell in our room when we arrived - enough to be a little irritating, but not enough to be worth asking to change rooms after we'd unpacked - we mentioned this at reception at check out and they seemed appropriately concerned and took the room number to go and check it. Would definitely consider staying here again if we needed a base in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CaffTwo,

Firstly I would like to thank you on behalf of our team here for your lovely review. I will be sure to pass all your lovely comments onto them.
I am glad you liked the breakfast and hope you took full advantage of it's all you can eat.
I hope your friends wedding went well and We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel loads now and I always come back to it when I visit friends. Clean, quiet, comfortable and a good location. I always book a double room, but on more than one occasion i've been given a family room which was massive considering it's just me lol. If you're not wanting to walk far for dinner or if you don't fancy it in the restaurant on site then just underneath is a pizza express and across the way aroma, and dominos pizza e.t.c so you're surrounded by everything, it's perfect! Staff are lovely and rooms are huge :)

Can be a bit expensive depending on when you stay even with the 'saver non refundable' rate/deal but that's the same with everywhere I wouldn't go anywhere else unless I really HAVE to. 10/10 :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mollie C,

Thank you for your lovely review on our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoy your stays with us! I will pass all messages onto the staff, I am sure they will be extremely happy you find them lovely.
We will look forward to your future visits.