“Great ,friendly hotel brilliant location for Warner Bros Harry Potter studio tour.”

Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very clean convenient good value hotel. 15 mins by car from Warner brother harry potter studio tour. Good location for things to do generally as situated in a shopping g centre literally next door to TK Maxx.

1  Thank J W
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback about the hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had a lovely time at the Harry Potter studios, and didn’t spend too much! We do hope to see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel

Reviewed March 19, 2013

You need to know that this is a 3 star hotel. They do have a restaurant and bar. The food is not fabulous but I was here on business and it is very convenient.

The room is spartan but clean and well maintained. The towels were rough. There is no in room safe. The TV is flat panel but small. There is a reasonable selection of TV programming. The bed was comfortable and pillows and linens were good.

The shower lacked was in a tub with a high side which was awkward to climb over. It would have been much easier if a "grab bar" was installed but it isnt there.

There is WiFi and it has decent coverage. The speed could be improved and I think that it is a bit oversubscribed.

The location to where I needed to be on business was perfect which is why I stayed there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We take all comments into consideration and try and improve on them. I’m happy that overall you had a pleasant stay with us and found your room clean and comfortable for you to sleep in and also that you found the staff helpful, we do try our very best. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here as going to Warner brothers harry potter tour, took 15 mins to get from hotel to there.
Hotel was easy to find hotel staff helpful and room clean and lovely view over the river.
Free car parking which is linked to hotel via foot bridge.
Restaurants next to hotel too.
Breakfast was lovely, we went down at 9.30 and although the hot breakfast was taken away we could still order what ever we wanted off the menu and the restaurant staff were fantastic in making sure we had all we need.

• Stayed: March 2013
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to say first of all, that I’m delighted to see you have had a lovely stay with us. All comments about the staff will get passed on to them and I will inform the chefs that you very much enjoyed your breakfast. I hope you had a lovely day at the Harry Potter studios! And we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

From the moment we arrived we found that the staff were warm and welcoming. They were very helpful in accommodating our needs. The room was clean, comfortable and was a good place to relax as well as sleep. We booked the breakfast, the quality was excellent, the choice of items on offer was good. Our grandchildren ate as much as they wanted for free which was a great bonus. No hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RevG479

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip advisor. We at the premier inn try to make everyone’s stay as comfortable as possible, and I can see that we have lived up to that promise for you. I will pass the message onto the chefs to say your very much enjoyed the breakfast, and I’m happy to read that you slept very well.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel, having booked and paid for my room online. On checking in at the hotel I was told I had to pay as the money that had been charged from my account before was only to secure the room, they also disputed that the money had been taken from my account and then when I spoke to a third party from a booking company over the phone the two companies began blaming each other for the charges being made to my account. I had to pay for the room for a second time, to be told that in order to be reimbursed I would need to send off my bank statement, which I find appalling. In all of this I found the staff most unhelpful, one of them even downright rude and unwilling to help. When we eventually got your room it was unprepared for the number of people it was booked for . All in all I am most upset and disgusted by the service I received both from the company as a whole and by the staff who were there at the time.

1  Thank Missjmoz22
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Reviewed March 6, 2013

would recommend a stay very easy for Royal albert hall to drive to. Nice clean rooms breakfast a little on the poor side here but worth a try.
Free parking in an multi story with very easy access to hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
David B, General Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely comment on trip advisor.
We strive to ensure that all of our guests have a joyful experience at Hemel Hempstead Central. I am glad to hear that in this case we have succeeded, however I am sorry to hear that our breakfast was not up to scratch for you.
We hope you had a great day at the Royal Albert Hall and we hope to see you again soon.

David Brown,
Operations Manager

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I heard bad rumours about this hotel. But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The room was just right and the food was great value. I can recommend the mixed grill they seem to get it just right.
The staff were great even when under pressure being so busy

1  Thank markw10

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor.
I am glad to hear that we surpassed your expectations of our hotel, but am slightly disturbed by the bad rumours that you have heard. We do strive to ensure that our guests have a great stay at our hotel.
I will pass your lovely comments onto our staff and we hope to see you soon.

David Brown