“Very cold room”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Very cold room”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just stayed the one night on business, hotel relatively easy to find but sat nav sends you down a bus lane, better directions for car parking needed. Food was good, service good, only down side was the room was too cold, hot air heaters are noisy and don't switch off, rooms could do with thermostats in as the heating was very dry and noisy, turned it off and woke up at 4.00am freezing. Location is great for exploring the town centre.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about our hotel. I would like to apologise about your cold room while you stayed with us. We should be getting our air conditioning units replaced some point this year, so hopefully this will solve the problem you have experienced.
With regards to the feedback on finding the hotel car park, due to guests feedback that we have received we are now e-mailing guests prior to arrival directions to the car park.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

After a long journey here with work, I found a beautifully cleaned and decorated room, with fantastic bathroom, large bedroom, and the bed was very comfy. Breakfast was great and the staff at reception and in the restaurant where great too! Very happy.

• Stayed February 2013
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and found everything just right! All messages about the staff will get passed on to them. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Perfect town centre location, room more comfortable than expected (and competitors), quiet at night and nice modern breakfast restaurant with good view. This is what budget hotels should all aspire to quite honestly. Made me switch from one of the other budget chains, much better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
David B, General Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice comment about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We do try our best to make our guests stay to be as easy and hassle free as possible.
We are very happy that you chose to stay with us for your visit and that you enjoyed your time with us. I will pass on your comments to the rest of the staff as well.

David Brown
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed February 19, 2013

this hotel was brill near all shops which my grandaughter loved got free parking that my husband loved and the staff in the hotel couldnot do enough for us and they were so nice no misrable faces rooms were brill breakfast all you can eat will be staying there again in the near future

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! I do hope you enjoyed your little shopping trip (or should I say your granddaughter) and got lots of nice things! I will pass all messages onto the staff, and I’m very happy you enjoyed you breakfast with us. We would love to see you in the near future.

Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Used this hotel for one night only to take wife & 13 year old son to Harry Potter exhibition. Found staff, particularly in the restaurant, extremely diligent & helpful. Was given good directions from hotel toHarry Potter trip by both our friendly servers, Alex & Winston, who deserve a thank you!

Room Tip: Room was facing the two shopping centres, & it was Saturday night, but actually it was pretty qu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. I hope you had a lovely time at the Harry Potter studios, and didn’t take you too long to get around! All messages about the staff will get passed on to them. I’m very happy that you had a lovely stay with us, and we hope to see you in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Good points:

Very nice bed
Very clean room
30 minutes free wi-fi
I got a free cup of coffee in the morning
Sleep promise
Delightful and helpful staff

Slightly negative points:

30 minutes of wi-fi does not last long for a business person
Moderately challenging to find unless in a taxi; do take a map.

My first stay in a Premier, but since then I have been to several others, such was my pleasant experience here. Excellent value room at the basic rate although 2 x breakfast would have notched it up. I tried to buy a coffee in the morning as that was all I wanted, but the person in charge of breakfast just told me to help myself. I thought this was a decent touch, since I was prepared to pay.
The staff at this hotel were a credit to the group and it was very hard to find real fault. The bed was huge and so comfortable

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about our hotel. I’m very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had good nights sleep and found the rooms clean and comfortable, which is what we promise at the Premier Inn. I will pass on all notes about the staff to them. It’s nice to see that you will return to us at some point, and we will be delighted to see you when you do arrive again.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here overnight on a Saturday in February 2013. I hadn't stayed in a Premier Inn before and was surprised by how spacious the room was. It was very clean and the double bed was lovely and comfortable. We paid £60 for the night, and I'm glad we did - although it was more expensive than a Travelodge, it was a lot nicer so overall good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. I’m very happy that you have had a comfortable stay at our hotel, and found the rooms very clean and spacious. Our aim is to ensure all our guests have a comfortable stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.